Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FS: Early 65 911

Frank, any knowlege of the missing engine #901xyz ?
    Last edited by Cliff; 07-24-2014 at 09:00 AM.
    To err is human; to blame it on someone else is more human...

"You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are."
    —Juan Manuel Fangio[48]

”What would PORSCHE do”

67 911 de Luxe, 356 B silver metallic / brown interior, ( buck skin really ) 67 PORSCHE [ built ] 912, Crystal blue, black interior, 72 T, Silver metallic/black interior, appearance group,factory AC.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    Frank, any knowlege of the missing engine #901xyz ?
    Cliffy, give me a little credit; if I knew I would procure it.

I know what ye mean..be nice to have it too......
    To err is human; to blame it on someone else is more human...

"You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are."
    —Juan Manuel Fangio[48]

”What would PORSCHE do”

67 911 de Luxe, 356 B silver metallic / brown interior, ( buck skin really ) 67 PORSCHE [ built ] 912, Crystal blue, black interior, 72 T, Silver metallic/black interior, appearance group,factory AC.

Banned
    Originally Ivory with Red/Black interior this would be a very striking car to restore.
    Last edited by Frank Beck; 11-30-2014 at 04:44 AM.

Banned
    We've had a couple of low ball offers which leads me to believe that it's priced too high or we're asking too much.
    I've spoken to the Beverly Hillbillies Car Club Board of Directors and they've instructed me to slash the asking price to $45k.

Because this is a fairly rust-free example and there is evidence of rodent droppings we are substituting a Bubonic Plague prevention kit for the free Tetanus shot.
    Last edited by Frank Beck; 07-30-2014 at 06:31 AM.

I have an engine thats 27 digits off.

Ratts, I have an engine that's 29 digits off!

I always wonder why some of the "Forum Police" think its better to be close to the OG number.....whats the diff, it ain't like Hand-gerades, where close is normally good enough! One digit off is still not the number your looking for ....ehhh! Yo Frankie, its me or the Porsche-nut on this one........did I tell you that I'm asking 50 g's for the block and I will sell you the other parts separately if you need them too!

Gumby

Gumby

Quote Originally Posted by gumby1953 View Post
    I always wonder why some of the "Forum Police" think its better to be close to the OG number.....whats the diff, it ain't like Hand-gerades, where close is normally good enough! One digit off is still not the number your looking for ....ehhh!

Gumby
    I have that same "question", IMHO an engine is matching or not.

Would like to read the opinion of those who think otherwise (too see their point).
    searching for engine (case) 903742

Banned
    This is easy:

There are some who simply want to believe that the agency that runs the Lotto would allow a wild card to be used if their Powerball pick was just one number off.

or

What a great way to advertise an engine for sale; I guarantee you this guy got a date last night. Someone PM'd him.

or

And this is the one that will draw the most hate mail...

We live in a culture where people are insecure and seek attention and validation through whatever means necessary. This community, like ALL online communities is full of people who want to make their mark and be heard. I get that. It's human nature. Some posters say the darnedest things just to get points on the board.

Some of us are motivated differently. I personally like to make people laugh and enjoy contributing; been doing it since receiving my first intoxicating dose of laughter in Kindergarten from a room full of fans.

It was there that I also learned where the principle's office was.
    Lol. Some things never change; why the principle here has threatened to kick me out of school many times.

King K,
    Who kicked your rock? Where you been? Ready for Monterey?
    Last edited by Frank Beck; 08-01-2014 at 05:07 AM.

Hi Pro-fessoer Beck,

To keep on point....i'm thinking you don't want to give me the 50 clams for the block?

Now back to business: I do find the time to read some of that there for-umm wisdumd from the AZ "desert righter" (that would be you)! Just not too much time to write.......I couldn't resist the almost the same number thing....O-bi the way.....I hope Porsche-nut doesn't think I'm talking about him....it just made me think of the "close" number thing which i find funny at times!

Been gettin Canepa's 917 delivered....now its Gallogly's Safari ST-S (after about 20 years). Gunnar is driving the REVS Collier 250 LM at Monterey and Sharon and I are going for sat and sun...where can I find you?

KJ