Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: W: 911 Coupe, non-matching ok, driver, project ok, Budget $15k - NYC -

Sorry but I think you are barking up the wrong tree. There are NO 911s around that drive for that money, and I mean drive in the widest way as in does not fall apart. It s at least 4 or 5 years since they were available at that price. We in Europe only a few years ago used bring cars in like you seek from the States but that does not happen now as they are not available. You've missed the boat, buy something from Japan.

Banned
    Lol
    Just a spectator on this one Scott.

Waiting for the right moment when I can really help our young pony.

let's not all jump on the orginal poster - he is not looking for a long hood. A somewhat decent 75/76/77 can still be found for that money, or a high mileage somewhat tired SC. It just takes time and some luck.

don't know if something like this works? Frank indicated he is somehow related to these guys?

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifie...php?id=1668632

~J~
    air cooled only

Banned
    Jules,
    I'm guessing many assumed he wanted a long hood because his ad is in the long hood category.

No relation to the club in which you reference.
    I'm a poor mountaineer who barely keeps my family fed.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    I'm a poor mountaineer who barely keeps my family fed.
    Beckerly hills car club.... and frank plays a mean banjo. don't mess with frank. LOL
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NwzaxUF0k18" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I went down this road ('66 912, now with a 2.2 engine). Love the car, but I'm afraid to consider what it has cost me to put together. You might consider something like this instead. http://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/4572915191.html

Now that looks like it might be a reasonable way to get into this game Mr Baker.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

If anyone wants me to take a look at that '76, I'll be passing through Coeur d'Alene tomorrow.

This SC is close to your price, but a long way from where you are located:

http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/cto/4589797485.html
    Zach Mayne
    1969 911T, 1988 924S, 1985 635CSi, some Alfas and a Fiat....

Quote Originally Posted by NTW View Post
    It probably sounds like a bunch of guys here are raining on your parade. It's like when you were a kid and your dad told you not to do something and you had to do it anyway. He had already learned that lesson but you weren't willing to take his word for it. This experience is going to be the same way. Drag one of those fright pigs home and after you spend 20 or 30k making it right you'll think back to these comments and realize these guys actually knew what they were talking about from experience.
    I understand that the majority of the guys on here know what they're talking about - that's why I'm here.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    Perhaps a 912 w/an engine swap is the way to go...as you have listed above. Unfortunately, a longhood 911 chassis without serious $$$ rust is a bit more expensive.
    OR maybe you get an impact bumper car in decent shape for your budget. Good luck with your search.
    Scott
    I've been looking at both - have threads in both forums because i figured since they were split, a WTB thread should be too.

Quote Originally Posted by majordad View Post
    Sorry but I think you are barking up the wrong tree. There are NO 911s around that drive for that money, and I mean drive in the widest way as in does not fall apart. It s at least 4 or 5 years since they were available at that price. We in Europe only a few years ago used bring cars in like you seek from the States but that does not happen now as they are not available. You've missed the boat, buy something from Japan.
    There are a few in that price range in the country. I've literally searched every craigslist page in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules Dielen View Post
    let's not all jump on the orginal poster - he is not looking for a long hood. A somewhat decent 75/76/77 can still be found for that money, or a high mileage somewhat tired SC. It just takes time and some luck.

don't know if something like this works? Frank indicated he is somehow related to these guys?

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifie...php?id=1668632
    Exactly. I've found a few like that car within the price range that still appear to be decent cars.

Quote Originally Posted by eaton View Post
    I went down this road ('66 912, now with a 2.2 engine). Love the car, but I'm afraid to consider what it has cost me to put together. You might consider something like this instead. http://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/4572915191.html
    thanks for the link. Not interested in a targa

Quote Originally Posted by zmayne View Post
    This SC is close to your price, but a long way from where you are located:

http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/cto/4589797485.html
    It's within my price range. I've been looking throughout the US so will email the seller and see what happens.

I've come up with about 15 cars that are within budget and meet my criteria. Although I am searching for a car from 60s-80s these range from 74-86. There are only 2 that are within reasonable driving distance, while the others would need a road trip or a flight (short and long). I've compiled a list but have also posted most of them in here already. These are all "drivers" or need a few things to be up and running.

There is also a true 930 "barn find" we are looking at...

Thanks for the help. Let the search continue.