Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: W: 911 Coupe, non-matching ok, driver, project ok, Budget $15k - NYC -

Finding a great bargain on an early Porsche is a little tougher nowadays for sure.

But with a little luck, Good timing, cash in hand and little bit of stepping outside of the Porsche demographic.

They're still out there.

Good luck
    Last edited by Ralfy; 07-28-2014 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralfy View Post
    Finding a great bargain on an early Porsche is a little tougher nowadays for sure.

But with a little luck, Good timing, cash in hand and little bit of stepping outside of the Porsche demographic.

They're still out there.

Good luck
    Thanks. Been running across random ones on non-porsche sites, craigslist, etc.

"...non-porsche sites, craigslist, etc."

Are any of the ads in Craigslist < 10$ anything other than bogus ads ? Sometimes a solid car is advertised as 'up in Maine' or Nova Scotia. They're not in tune with the real value (50+) in the sticks, so hey, if you can pony the $7500, it's all yours.

Are any of these ads....legit ?

Quote Originally Posted by 62S-R-S View Post

Are any of the ads in Craigslist < 10$ anything other than bogus ads ? Sometimes a solid car is advertised as 'up in Maine' or Nova Scotia. They're not in tune with the real value (50+) in the sticks, so hey, if you can pony the $7500, it's all yours.

Don't know if the ads on craigslist are the best route or not. I seem to have had the best luck at small car shows or American muscle hot rod get togethers and following up on leads like " Hey! My buddy/My Dad has a car like that in his garage. The local Porsche club small or big is also a big resource on developing a network that will put your ear to the ground on what cars or unfinished projects may be coming up for sale.
    It's of very high coincidence you said $7500. But that is exactly what I paid for a 71T just a couple weeks ago. Is it a collector grade car or will it light the world on fire when people see it? The simple answer is no. What will it take to get it to such and such level? Who knows. Nonetheless, an early 911 at a reasonable price has materialized.

They're still out there JBAker1121.
    Last edited by Ralfy; 07-29-2014 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 62S-R-S View Post

Most seem legit. Have only run into 2 "maybe" ads

Quote Originally Posted by Ralfy View Post
    Don't know if the ads on craigslist are the best route or not. I seem to have had the best luck at small car shows or American muscle hot rod get togethers and following up on leads like " Hey! My buddy/My Dad has a car like that in his garage. The local Porsche club small or big is also a big resource on developing a network that will put your ear to the ground on what cars or unfinished projects may be coming up for sale.
    It's of very high coincidence you said $7500. But that is exactly what I paid for a 71T just a couple weeks ago. Is it a collector grade car or will it light the world on fire when people see it? The simple answer is no. What will it take to get it to such and such level? Who knows. Nonetheless, an early 911 at a reasonable price has materialized.
    They're still out there JBAker1121.
    thanks, I've been trying to get to local meets but it's hard to figure out where they are happening etc because the local group pages on FB aren't too active and neither are the actual websites... I've been asking around because we have RENNWERKE which is apparently a well-known Porsche shop in the NYC area, as well as a few friends in the racing scene who know Porsche owners....

it takes time to find the right car - I'm not jumping to go across the country on cars that seem just "ok" price and condition wise...

Who knows - my living situation will be changing in the spring so I may not need my current car, and may just be able to have a car I don't need to drive every day... and the current value of my car would allow me tot be in a much much higher budget area than I currently am....

Not exactly running, but supposedly all there. You'd have to assemble it, but what better way to get to know the car you'll be driving, right?:

1969 LWB Porsche 911 T - Price: $18,000

Good luck!
    Jordan
    rally-prepped '69 911T 3.0L
    S Registry #1933
    Vintage Parts & Restoration http://retro-sport.com

Quote Originally Posted by bxd View Post
    Not exactly running, but supposedly all there. You'd have to assemble it, but what better way to get to know the car you'll be driving, right?:

1969 LWB Porsche 911 T - Price: $18,000

Good luck!
    Looks like a great possibility...

This might also be a decent candidate:
    1970 Porsche 911 - $19999
    Jordan
    rally-prepped '69 911T 3.0L
    S Registry #1933
    Vintage Parts & Restoration http://retro-sport.com