Thread: FS: 1976 turbo 911 professionally built, lightweight, track/street

FS: 1976 turbo 911 professionally built, lightweight, track/street

Hi Everybody,

****CORRECTION CAR IS REGISTERED AND TITLED AS 1975 MY

For the record:

this car is a DRIVERS car

this car is NOT a $100k restoration
    this car is NOT a garage queen

this car was built for one purpose, to GO FAST (and look good doing it!)

this car is mechanically 100%, drive it as hard as you want, take care of it, and it will last forever.

this car has a professional "race car" paint job......meaning if you get 1-2 feet from the car you will see a few small defects. Can they be easily corrected? YES, would I waste the money doing it NO....buy more gas and drive the car.

The car was built in the style of a vintage RSR to give you THAT feeling, it is very well mannered on the street, very powerful and would be an outstanding car to drive weekends, to/from/on track, etc.

If this car fails to put I smile on your face, you are DEAD.....I will not show the car to anyone else that wont go for a ride!

I am open to offers from serious people that are looking for a great car to DRIVE at a reasonable price.

After much debate I have decided to part with my idea of the ultimate turbo 911. The car was professionally built by Dawes Motorsport in Stroudsburg PA. Peter and the boys did an absolutely outstanding job and incorporated many custom features that they have developed over the years for the race cars that they build.

http://www.dawesmotorsports.com/

The car was finished in August 2012 and I have put 381 miles on it since then. Obviously I do not drive the car nearly enough with kids, house, etc taking priority right now…

Everything on the car is either new or rebuilt including the engine and gearbox. I have $65,000 in documented work from Dawes Motorsport and spent about $95k total on the car. I have hundreds of pictures and Peter has more as well, Peter has documents for the full engine and transmission rebuild specs., etc.

The car needs nothing, is a blast to drive and has been 100% reliable. The car can easily be optimally tuned to produce 400-425 HP which I can do at my expense if the buyer wants. It is in a slightly detained state right now based on Peters recommended tune for street driving.

To say I have driven the car mildly and way below its potential would be an understatement. I have never driven it on a track, only local street driving in the summer. The car has been stored in my climate controlled warehouse since I picked it up.

If you are looking for a real deal, professionally built, nostalgic, “new” lightweight turbo 911 for the track or street I doubt you will find a better car.

Details: (all work done by Dawes Motorsport)
    Chassis, 1976 non-sunroof 911, no rust
    Custom FG hood, fenders, quarters, front and rear bumper
    Custom half cage, JPC fabrication

Engine 3.3L 930
    Twin plug computer controlled KMS ignition
    Fully rebuilt, heads and manifold and inj. blocks ported and polished
    Line honed, shuffle pinned, crank cross drilled
    Euro CIS
    Elgin cams
    Hybrid KKK turbo
    J&E pistons
    Mahle Cyl.

930 4 speed trans fully rebuilt
    stock 1st and 2nd “935” 3rd and 4th
    KAZ LSD 60%
    Kennedy Eng. clutch and PP

RSR coil-overs front and rear
    Tarret sway bars

Boxster brakes

Custom wire harness with weather proof switches
    All DOT required lighting: hi/lo headlights, brake, reverse, turn signals

Hargett shifter and pedals
    Recarro leather seats, set up for 5 point belts (standard belts currently installed)

2460 pounds with 185 pound driver and 10 gallons of fuel

Aligned and corner balanced

Has heat and fresh air ventilation

Paint is Porsche Sports Classic Gray

Asking $65,000 USD

There is way more in the car than listed above, lots of little details and everything is done correctly based on many, many years of racing, repairing and building Porsche race cars.

If you want any additional pictures or details let me know.

The car is located in Northern NJ 15 west of NYC, I have a logistics business and will help with domestic and international shipping if need be. I can deliver locally.

The car can be fully inspected at Peters shop or at one of the performance Porsche shops in the NJ/ Metro NYC area.

Thanks
    Kevin

kevin@stratusmoves.com

or

PM me
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ghost1001; 08-04-2014 at 09:34 AM.
    Member #2239
    '76 911 turbo lightweight
    '87 land rover D110

more pictures
    Last edited by ghost1001; 07-17-2014 at 05:51 PM.
    Member #2239
    '87 land rover D110

****correction to original ad....car is titled and registered as 1975 model year
    Member #2239
    '87 land rover D110

Lots of interest, a few people have asked and I will consider part trades plus cash for a driver condition 911 with 4 seats
    Here are some additional pictures first 2 after a drive Sunday:
    Member #2239
    '87 land rover D110

Drooling over this car right now. I'm very close to where you're located. Its out of budget but any chance I could just "see" the car as a car enthusiast? aka get ideas for my future porsche project...