Hello, longtime lurker. Not sure why my thread in the 73+ forum was deleted since I am looking for a range of cars from the 60s-80's to see what I can get for my budget......

Anyway,

I've been a fan of the more classic air-cooled 911s my entire life, and It's come time to look for one of my own. I'm partial to mid-70's ... I love the 930. I love the older, more classic 912, But I also grew up in the 90's so I had a 964 Turbo S poster in my bedroom....

As the title states, I'm looking for a 911. My budget is AROUND $15k for a decent drivable specimen....that means I prefer that it can move or needs little work to get driving.

It does not need to be numbers-matching nor perfect, but strong drivetrain and minimal rust preferred.
As long as there is no life-threatening issue with the car, it will be considered.

I prefer a COUPE. Color does not matter (especially if unoriginal anyway) Cabrio 2nd. No targa.

I am located in NYC area, but am comfortable with long-distance if the price is right.

I'm also on pelican parts and have been scouring Craigslist for cars - currently have inquired about 25+ cars in the last few weeks ranging from 1 hour away to the other side of the country.... If the price is right for the right car, it's worth it.

Please comment here or PM me.

- JBaker

Dealers welcome.

I've received some flak in the 73 older section considering my budget, but please keep in mind that I am not expecting a car that needs no work.... even if it's a decent chassis, or a driving car that is missing a few body panels, etc... it will be considered. I've even seen a few monstrosities of mid-70's cars with 993 body kits, etc. Those are OK too....depending on price...

As far use, it will be mixed street/track/weekend/coffee run. Not expecting to create a show car.