Thread: New Member/Help With Research.

New Member/Help With Research.

Hey y'all,

New guy from Louisiana and I finally am able to afford(almost) a 70's to 80's model 911. I have two mechanics that I need to check out when I get home but I also am looking for books/websites/etc that I can get info on what I should look for when looking for a car. I have trouble buying cars because of shininess and fastness and frankly not thinking with my head. I's like to combat that and not bring home a basket case.

Thanks,
    Chris C

There are many discussions and threads but here's a great link no matter what year Porache you're looking at.

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...o-You-Look-For
    Porsche taste on a Volkswagen budget...

Quote Originally Posted by jos.hall View Post
    There are many discussions and threads but here's a great link no matter what year Porache you're looking at.

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...o-You-Look-For

Thanks. When I get back home, I plan to get more in depth with this sit. I was also looking for books so I can have some type of reference that doesn't require batteries. And books just smell better.

Quote Originally Posted by scubachris View Post
    . . . New guy from Louisiana . . . looking for books/websites/etc that I can get info on what I should look for when looking for a car . . .
    Hey, Chris . . .

Here's a thread for ya --- a virtual little trophy case full o' OG beauties to keep you up at night . . .
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...-original-cars

Not the same as seeing 'em in person, maybe, but still . . . .

HtH

. . . and welcome aboard!

We Can Be Heroes