Thread: Steering wheel ID

Steering wheel ID

Hi,

I have 2 steering wheels and need some help in identifying exactly what they come from.

First one is a 420 mm wheel but has no part # stamped on it

Seond one is a 380 mm deeper dish wheel part # 914 347 805 10 71/ 3 Will start another post for pictures of second wheel

Thanks, Rick
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Regis turd ab user
    If you enter the part # and "steering wheel" in the search feature there will be many threads regarding this topic. For the non part # enter 420 mm and steering wheel. Have a seat and a beverage and digest what you choose.

The early VDM wheels did not have part numbers on them (difficult to tell from the photos but if yours is original hard plastic rim that would be part number 902.347.082.01).

The "510" is the production date stamp, on the early wheels (and some other early parts) I presume they didn't think they would need to differentiate between decades so in your case it is "5" for 1965 and "10" for October.
    Tim

Early 911S Registry #1167

Thanks for that... I can decode my wheel now!

Quote Originally Posted by Bantam View Post
    The early VDM wheels did not have part numbers on them (difficult to tell from the photos but if yours is original hard plastic rim that would be part number 902.347.082.01).

The "510" is the production date stamp, on the early wheels (and some other early parts) I presume they didn't think they would need to differentiate between decades so in your case it is "5" for 1965 and "10" for October.
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616