Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swb down part of the dashboard

Swb down part of the dashboard

Because I delete this for my conversion to R and is very good.... Have all screws perfect .......

175$ Worldwide shipping included and with Paypal payment.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

This is available !!

I will take this if available. Thanks

A plea to other members...I am first in the queue for this but as this is out of a 68 car I don't know if it will fit my 66 car. I would appreciate the expert help of others on here.

Thanks

Jonathan

i don't think 66 was the same. the 67-68 knee pad had wide flares on each end. the 66 pad, i think, did not have those flares. maybe someone who owns a '66 can confirm (or refute) my recollection.

Thanks - can anyone confirm this for sure?

My '66 had the same knee bar shown above and should fit with no problem.

Many thanks

okay, i guess a second question has arisen ... is the question "what is the correct knee pad for a '66?" or is the question "will this knee pad fit on a '66?"

in terms of "fit," i don't know whether the knee pads are interchangeable, but it would be common Porsche practice to modify the shape of the part without modifying the dash or fasteners.

in terms of "which knee pad is correct for a '66," the brett johnson reference book (page 54) says the following: "The upholstered knee guard panel made up the bottom of the dash board ... The original straight style was used through mid-1965. For late 1965 the knee guard was modified on the ends to cover the ends of the dashboard, wrapping around and up to the top of the trim."

so, if you know when your '66 was built, you will have a rough idea of whether this knee pad is correct for your car.

It wold

Is selled !!! In UK !!

Thank you !!!