Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 73.5 T Targa

73.5 T Targa

This forum is an incredible resource, thanks to those who have helped me source some parts. I am looking forward to getting my 73.5 Targa back on the road very soon. It's been in the shop getting its 80s paint job and rear reflector upgrade removed/taken down to bare metal and getting its original color back. Here are a couple of pics of the car as I found it. Name:  photo 3.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  122.6 KBName:  photo 5.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  106.6 KB

Welcome! Keep us posted!!
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

The original color was a special order that year - metallic green. It looks very different depending on the light/angle. Does anybody know how many of this color they made in '73?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

A few more pics of progress. Now if only the interior was in, I could drive it tomorrow!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Welcome to the Board!

Now that's a beautiful colour: do you know what is the code?

Stephen
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616

Thanks Stephen, based on prior research and my shop's review of old microfiche on the paint codes, I understand the paint code is 230-9-3.

Beautiful

Richard

Wow that color is FANTASTIC. Looks like you found a pretty solid car. Are the cookie cutters original?

Scott
    1968 911S
    1986 Carrera
    2006 Carrera S

1973 BMW 3.0CS - Frances (gone but not forgotten)

Peanut, yes the cookies are original, and I am definitely keeping them around.

To some this will be a dumb question... but what differentiates a 73 from a 73.5 car? Is it when CIS came in?