Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: Vasek Polaks 1967S

FS: Vasek Polaks 1967S

I promised to offer my car for sale here first when it was finished and here it is.

This is ‘67S 306876S. This early 911S left the factory at march 2 1967. Or actually it did not leave the factory, because it was a Werks Auto, as the original Kardex reveals. The first owner was Mr. Lentz. He was chief vehicle export at the time and he drove the car for several months. This was officially confirmed by ex-Porsche racedriver Jürgen Barth. After a few months the car went to Porsche AG, so the factory itself, during the time the 911R was developed.
    Nobody knows what happened there, but a few months after that it was sold to Vasek Polak. Not to a dealership, but to him personally. On January 30 1968 the car was shipped to Vasek’s personal address. This place - 914 Duncan Place, Manhattan Beach - is the address where his ex-wife still lives, or was still living until recently. At least a Mrs. Polak can still be found on internet at the same address. The new owner on the Kardex is a certain Mr. Vaclav Polak, but that’s because Vasek was born Vaclav Polak in Prague. Only later he changed his name to Vasek.

I don’t know how long this car was owned and driven by Vasek Polak, I did not have the time and access to the sources to find out. But after a certain period the car returned to Europe. It was shipped to Belgium and from Belgium it came into the Netherlands, where it ended up in storage for 25 years. The person I bought the car from can tell you the story about how he found it and what the condition was like. I have proof that this car has not been on the street for this 25-year period. I bought the car three years ago, only because of its rustfree condition. There had been done some welding to the flares – it probably had wider arches before – and the battery area was rusted out, but other than that there was no rust at all. One door has been replaced and one fender. Also the engine cover is not original to the car.
    When I bought 306876S there was a 1966 engine, but not an S-engine, so I started looking for one. At that time there were still a few examples around, and I managed to buy a complete engine, with number 960003. According to Porsche-historian Dave Pateman 960003 is the oldest known production 911S-engine in the world. And with that it’s also Porsche’s oldest known production performance 911-engine. It even has the rare IDA Webers with the S-inscription, a special set that was only available on the first few hundred (?) 911S-engines. The engine was rebuilt for a total of 24.000 euros at a well known engine-company here in Europe, with original Porsche parts and it runs very strong. The bills are in the documentation folder that comes with the car and also the complete and hard to find original tool box with all correct parts is still with the car.

Meanwhile the car itself was sand blasted and resprayed in it’s original color ‘Hell Elfenbein’ and the interior was also redone. The body is in great condition and the spraying was done very well too. There are no welding spots, all inner wheel arches are original, there’s no sign of former damage and the engine runs like new. Everything in this car shows that it did not have a rough life. There’s a few things missing in the interior and there’s also a few things that are not correct for sure. But there’s no structural issues with it and it’s in great shape. That, combined with the awesome history makes this car a rare and very special example of the already special ’67 911S. The car can be inspected at Porsche Centrum Gelderland in Heteren, the Netherlands. I can provide you with a list of experts in the region that can do an inspection. The car is for sale for 180.000 dollars obo. More pics on request.

911S-classic-klein-5263.jpg911S-classic-klein-5267.jpg911S-classic-klein-wm-5260.jpg911S-classic-klein-5272.jpg911S-classic-klein-5246.jpg
    Last edited by kouwenhoven; 07-30-2014 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kouwenhoven View Post
    More pics on request.
    Yes, please!
    Beautiful car, thanks for listing it here!
    S-Reg #1382
    67S Lavender
    70S Silver, original Slate Gray Japan delivery

Beautiful!... all the best with sale.
    Mike

Here is the Kardex with the 'Vaclav' Polak reference

Kartex 306876.jpg

Erik

Very nice car Erik! Good luck with the sale!

Jan

Beautifully done...

Beautiful colour, and A1 example. One question, shouldnt the wipers sleep on the left, on this model ? GLWS wish i could afford it at this time.
    San

53 Pre A, 65 356
    70 914/6 GT
    65 912, 67 911
    71 911 Targa,72 E Tara, 73 911 Targa
    70 911 S,71 911 S,70 911 T,
    71 911 T, 72 911 E ,73 911 T
    74 911 Coupe
    74 911 Targa
    1972 RennSport Bus

Early Reg # 771

Quote Originally Posted by platas View Post
    One question, shouldnt the wipers sleep on the left, on this model ?
    San
    I think they should sleep the other way. Not the correct wipers anyway. A pair from Eric Linden is called for!
    Easy fix.
    I think I might have a pair of sun visors for this car somewhere.........

Regards
    Mike
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    73E (home after 25 years) and sold again
    Early S reg. #681

Could use correct fan and interior aluminum strips. They are available also.