Just a feeler….

In an effort to make the 2.5 litre short stroke engine I'm currently having built as close to a factory ST engine as possible I started looking for a small racing fan housing, 901 106 103 00 ….

….a trawl through the threads shows this is going to prove rather difficult!

Looking at aftermarket items available, although I couldn't comment on quality having not seen any, the price seems prohibitive considering non-correct production materials.

I asked Ben Coles why he has never manufactured these items?……

Ben Coles is an extremely talented engineer who, in his spare time, reproduces rare Porsche parts - http://www.bencoles.co.uk/ - Ben manufactures these to an exact standard using the same techniques and materials as original items, they even have the same flaws and blemishes just as they did in the day……his philosophy is to produce exact reproductions that in time and use are indistinguishable from genuine items….

If you look at the quality of his high butterflies, fuel pump bracket (note the base plate ) and Magneti Marelli distributor, to highlight just a few, he would certainly be the man for the job….

So the questions are…..

Does have a good genuine 901 106 103 00 fan housing they would be willing to loan for a period of 4-6 months?…….alternatively, would someone be willing to sell me a genuine item at reasonable cost with the promise that I will donate the unit to enable reproduction fans to be produced along with returning a reproduction item when available (or even the original)?….

… and (obviously demand will always determine final cost)….is there a market for perfect reproduction fan housings cast in magnesium, hopefully in the range of $800-$900?

Just a thought…..I appreciate all feedback.

Cheers,