Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which racing livery / deco ?

Which racing livery - NONE! With everything corporate this, like us on facebook, be sure to visit our website, update your profile, it's nice not to see any advertising. Unless someone is writing a monthly check to you - forgetaboutit. I try to buy clothes without logos any more. I am not getting paid to wear a Nike shirt or Gulf Oil so nay nay on racing livery. Plus one for Chuck's suggestion though. Good Luck - David
    David

1972 911T Targa
    1993 964 RSA #14
    Early S Registry #1799
    PAID MEMBER 2016-17

Just to mix it up a bit….what about the separate panels in different colours approach but use colours from an iconic Porsche racer - the psycedelic purple, lime and white 917; Donohue's Sunoco 917 Can Am car; Brumos; Martini colours but not Martini stripes, the Shell 917, Gulf colours but including the white and dark blue from the logo but no logo or signature stripe?

My .02; your $$ ;-)
    Early S #2826

Garage:
    '73 E (2.7RS replica) - sold
    '94 968 Clubsport M030 - sold
    '67 250SE Cabriolet - sold
    '71 Skyline GT - sold
    '69 911S - sold
    '73 911T/RS

Xavier Petit-Jean-Boret Xavier PJB's Avatar
    Dig into my files and found this one : racing purity which talks to me now.

Name:  28875.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  40.0 KB
    Name:  28882.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  33.2 KB

Could be orange instead of red - orange should be cool with the light ivory main color.

X
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

The sponsor logo thing is really tricky. Most of the cars here on the forum are not getting checks from Gulf Oil. Why then advertise Gulf oil products? It's period correct and looks cool.

Btw - I have a Michelin sticker on my hood. It's there to cover up the big scratch in the hood and I get no money from Michelin.

Richard Newton

Xavier Petit-Jean-Boret Xavier PJB's Avatar
    I sued stickers to cover some track scarves too

Am not a pro pilot as some are here - Was not thinking of getting money from the stickers/sponsor. More a deco thing. My car have been on tracks many times and last paint was done in 2004. Rust points pointing out. Time to make it elegant again.

Maybe one or two max : tyre brand (Dunlop or Goodyear) and a lighting one (Marshal). A big Porsche crest on the side of the front fenders + a big big sponsor name on the top of the front fenders (my own second company which makes not enough money to pay the tracks )

X
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

Just to further this conversation, here's another light ivory TR that has a very simple livery - we have since added a 911R style red area to the front of the trunk lid (2nd photo):

Name:  1968_911TR_sm.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  443.8 KB

Name:  alan_68_911TR.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  461.2 KB

Jordan
    rally-prepped '69 911T 3.0L
    S Registry #1933
    Vintage Parts & Restoration http://retro-sport.com

As your car is not a long hood, what do you think about this car?
    Name:  Porsche911CS_10-L.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  132.2 KB

I know it's not a proper racing car but I really like this 3.2 ClubSport prototype with this front and rear bumpers.
    In fact, I find the regular bumpers ugly

Quote Originally Posted by 91133 View Post
    ...Gulf colours but including the white and dark blue from the logo but no logo or signature stripe?
    Along the lines of above.....no logos... just colors.

-Mike
    EarlyS #1320
    '71 T/RS LWT 3.2L

You can also do a vinyl wrap on the front and rear deck lid and change colors at will. I'll probably be doing that to my Light Ivory T/ST.
    Randy Wells
    Automotive Writer/Photographer/Filmmaker
    www.randywells.com/blog
    www.hotrodfilms.com

Early S Registry #187

Randy,
    Any issues with the paint on our old cars when it's time to take the vinyl off?
    Chris