Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best seat upholstery kit in the market?

Best seat upholstery kit in the market?

Looking for the best upholstery kit (either leather or vinyl) in the market for standard seats finished with houndstooth inserts. Any guidance will be appreciated!

Diego
    1969 911T #3495
    Member #2793

Mike Fitton # 2071
    2018 911S Carrera White
    2012 991 Platinum Silver ( Gone)
    1971 911T Targa Bahia Red (Gone to France)
    1995 911 Carrera Polar Silver (Gone)

No Affiliation with City of Chicago!

Quote Originally Posted by diegok View Post
    Looking for the best upholstery kit (either leather or vinyl) in the market for standard seats finished with houndstooth inserts. Any guidance will be appreciated!

Diego
    Try San Diego. Either Autohahn Interiors or Autos International. Don't know if either one are the best but they are pretty darn good.

Regards

Jim

I would recommend Lakewell also.

I've always used Tony at Autobahn. Keep in mind that the real trick is installation. You can buy the finest parts in the world and the wrong shop can screw things up. Seats are the best example. If it were my car I would send the seats to Tony and have him do the entire job. That way it will be done properly.

Also, be careful using new foam, etc. If you use new foam the seats will never sit the same. Or, you might try to find some old horse hair and do it the way it was done originally.

Name:  911 rear seats.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  65.3 KB

Richard Newton

Thanks for the help! Now that I'm in Boston, most likely at the end of the summer I will remove the seats and send them back to the west coast.
    1969 911T #3495
    Member #2793

Quote Originally Posted by Richardnew View Post
    If it were my car I would send the seats to Tony and have him do the entire job. That way it will be done properly.
    +1…that's very good advice.
    Brian
    S Reg #1032

"I measured twice, cut three times, and it's still too short!"

And don't forget our Nosgruppe correct headliner for LWB with diamond pattern!!

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...exagon-pattern

ciao
    Registry Member #1414
    NOSGRUPPE

If you unbolt the backs you can fit the seats in a big box. I would call Tony and ask him what he suggests. A lot of us have shipped our seats to Tony. I shipped him one of my seats from Florida.

Richard Newton

I've had Tony do a lot of work for me over the years, it's always fantastic. I'm going to send a car to him next time. I did a carpet install a while back, pretty unimpressive, I'll let the pro's do it next time.
    Phil
    Early S Junkie # 658