Thread: Fuchs 5.5j x 15 dated 8/67

Fuchs 5.5j x 15 dated 8/67

I am looking for a 5.5j x 15 Fuchs wheel for my project. COA says build date was 8/67, so the preferred dates would be 7/67 and 8/67.

Thanks for helping.
    Last edited by 72targa; 08-03-2014 at 06:39 AM.

I have one in storage so will take a day or 2 to check the date but if you have a build date of 8/67, wouldn't you want a rim between say 4/67 and 7/67?

I know I'm in New Zealand but happy to arrange shipping or bring as luggage when I come over for the F1 in Austin - if the casting date is right.

Cheers,
    Mark
    Early S #2826

Garage:
    '73 E (2.7RS replica) - sold
    '94 968 Clubsport M030 - sold
    '67 250SE Cabriolet - sold
    '71 Skyline GT - sold
    '69 911S - sold
    '73 911T/RS

I'm sorry that it has taken me so long to respond. (how long have they separated "WTB" from "For Sale" ads?)

first, i'm interested in getting an 8/67 fuchs wheel, so if yours (91133) is correctly dated, let's see if we can agree on a price, or a trade. let me know. my e-mail is wabsci@aol.com, if that is more convenient.

second, 91133 asked a great question re: dates for 5.5j x 15 fuchs, so maybe we can get some interaction and input from the community...

as i understand the situation, the '67 911 had 4.5j x 15 fuchs as an option (and steel wheels as standard eqpt). the front fenders had a full lip and the narrower fuchs cleared the inner lip of the '67 fender. in '68, they offered the 5.5j x 15 fuchs as an option, and tapered the inner lip of the front fender to accommodate the wider stance.

according to what i've found, the 5.5j x 15 was not offered in '67 and the 5.5j fuchs wheels were begun with date stamp 7/67 or 8/67. to my knowledge, there were no 5.5j x 15 fuchs wheels prior to 7/67 and 8/67. my manufacture date was near the end of 8/67. there might have been coupes manufactured prior to my car, but no targas were earlier, so any difference in date could not have been very much. (some have suggested that an 8/26/67 manufacture date might even have had some 9/67-dated fuchs wheels.)

thanks for the interaction. still looking for 8/67 fuchs and have other dates to trade, if trades would be preferred.

No problem, I haven't had a chance to get to storage yet anyway. My emails usually get bounced by aol addresses for some reason so can you white list markford@paradise.net.nz please.

Cheers,
    Mark
    Early S #2826

Garage:
    '73 E (2.7RS replica) - sold
    '94 968 Clubsport M030 - sold
    '67 250SE Cabriolet - sold
    '71 Skyline GT - sold
    '69 911S - sold
    '73 911T/RS

Hi Mshaver51-- Dave Bouzaglou from TRE Motorsports has a customer with a 68 911L that want to sell the 5.5 inch Fuchs off the car. I saw them and look very nice as drivers.Looks to be stock finish on them. His phone is 818-909-9220 fax:818-909-9319 or E-Mail- Dave@tremotorsports.com. He is located in Van Nuys, California. Chris
    1. Chris-Early S Registry#205
    2. '70 911S Tangerine
    3. '68 911L Euro Ossi Blue

thanks, "raspy." i tried to e-mail, but it wouldn't go through. i have also left a voice mail.

did you ever look in your storage to see whether your fuchs has the 8/67 date code?

thank you.

bumping this to the top.

i'll be calling Harvey in the next month or so to arrange sending my set of 5.5j x 15 fuchs for him to finish. i have a set of 5, except one has an incorrect date, so if we can find a set with correct dates, that is preferable. once i send them to Harvey, the window pretty much closes.

let me know if you have one! also, my e-mail address is wabsci@aol.com.

thank you.