Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When did Porsche add seat tilting lever to backrest?

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernThrux View Post
    My examination of the spring boxes and seat back frames of all the early cars is hat they are the same. The hinge attachment points are the same. They only vary in type of hinge, single or double locker, seat cover material and the presence or absence of headrests. The 356 seats are fundamentally the same as well.

So you can start with a good set of cores and create what is correct for your year. Aase and many others sell the right hinges.

Here's my example. http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ation-question. At the end of that thread are a set of reference seats for a 70T.

Ravi
    Sorry Ravi. I have to take exception to your statement. First of all, 356 seats are no where near the same and use their own seat pan. SWB seats all use the same stamping for their seat pans and LWB seats use a much different stamping. "Double lockers" (73 seats) just modify an earlier LWB seat pan.

Regards

Jim

Sorry to stray slightly off topic, but I am curious if there are any vendors that can supply a replacement seat back release lever knob. I mean the "shark fin" like black plastic piece that was missing on my passenger seat? I am currently having a friend remake one off of my driver's side (via 3D printing) and hope the result will look close to original.

Name:  DSCF1569.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  54.6 KB

Thanks, Rod
    '71 911T Sporto