Thread: 5th Annual 2014 Dan's Drive Monterey Historics Fun Wine Run Hahn Winery 8-14!!!!!!!

5th Annual 2014 Dan's Drive Monterey Historics Fun Wine Run Hahn Winery 8-14!!!!!!!

I've been looking forward to this for darned near a year now! It is back! Me and my 1975 Carrera with its newly rebuilt and planted Euro 10:5:1 compression 3.2 is also excited! I will have the correct plates on the car this year, but still the wrong colored headlights (:

The 2014 will serve as the 5th year in a row doing this drive. This even is one of my favorite events of the entire weekend and the participation has grown each year with close to 37 cars last year.

Welcome back to those that have participated in years past and welcome to those that have not. This is NOT a Porsche ONLY event. We've had several cars in the past participating - so if you or your friends care to join without a Porsche, no worries.

In 2011 we had folks participate from PA and LA, CA and Louisiana, 2012, two guys drove down from Washington and two from LA, in 2013 the one of the Washington guys flew to Sacramento and met us for the drive the SAME day! 2014?

This is a fabulous drive to and from Hahn. Wayne was so kind to start this in 2009 and I have tried to keep it going since. The drive has grown each of the past four years and expectations of this years drive being the largest.

A bit of history on the drive:

It all began in 2009, Pelican Parts organized and sponsored a fantastic event at Hahn.

In 2010 the 2nd Annual Pelican (which is what it was called then) drive was cancelled. I thought I would continue the drive that was so much fun. Let me be clear, this is not a Pelican sponsored event - rather something I have organized for us to enjoy! Yes, non-Porsche cars are also welcome (calling Mini Cooper participant).

This year, 2014, the drive will be Thursday, August 14th. We will meet at 8:00AM at Safeway (same parking each year - address below) and the drive will be the same journey as each of the years, commencing at the lovely Hahn Winery. It is a spirited drive through the backcountry of Monterey (we usually see a few CHP along the way), ending up at the picturesque Hahn Estates Winery. The roots of the Hahn Estates Winery date back to the Hahn family’s European heritage. It is a fantastic drive and those that went in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013 had a blast and those that missed it, well, missed it.

I have worked with the wonderful folks at Hahn and have made some special arrangements to use the tasting room - parking lot - tables - etc. There are several picnic benches and such for all of us to use, but we will have to bring our own food & drinks. Everyone usually grabs lunch to take with us from the meeting spot, Safeway.

COST = $10.00, which goes to cost of wine tasting. I have guessed at the number or tasters and paid for 45 of us. Please contact me via email so I can keep you on an email list for updates, changes, and tally.

Attached is the route and details.

Plan on being there at 8.00/8.15 with a departure (after buying sandwiches at Safeway) around 9.15. There is a gas station at the same shopping center, but I would strongly suggest filling up PRIOR to departure - not during. You won't catch up.

Start:
    Safeway Parking Lot
    104 Mid Valley Center
    Carmel, CA 93923

Finish:
    Hahn Winery Estates
    37700 Foothill Road
    Soledad, CA 93960

Safeway to Hahn Estates
    https://www.google.com/maps/dir/36.5...9382!3e0?hl=en

Here is a link to the run last year, more photos:

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...ry-8-16-a.html

Here is the link to this years drive over on the bird:

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...ry-8-14-a.html

PLEASE SEND ME AN EMAIL DIRECTLY IF YOU'D LIKE TO ATTEND!

porschecab AT comcast DOT net

I DO KEEP A LIST OF THOSE ATTENDING AS PART OF MY EMAIL BLASTS SHOULD THINGS CHANGE AND TO HAVE COUNTS FOR THE DAY OF THE DRIVE. I ALSO NEED TO KEEP HAHN ON ALERT AS TO COUNTS.
    Last edited by porschecab; 06-28-2014 at 03:40 AM.

10 days - something to check out! Heading to the Baja right after the drive!

For those interested, there will be a group of us meeting Wednesday night for dinner at Tarpys. Let me know if you want to go to either and I will keep you on the list.

Dan

May I join for. Tarpys?

My Inspiration

'86 44 Turbo, black/red,7's and 8's fuchs, autothority - sold (rocketship)
    '97 Boxster, first delivered in DC Metro, silver/red -sold (huge mistake to buy this one)
    '99 C2, silver/black, RoW M030, limited lip, short shift - sold (good ride, but...)

'69 912, 3.2 with all the trimmings
    (finally got air cooled)
    Early 911S Registry Member 2044

Dave,

Indeed! 6.30! I will add you to the list. Look forward to meeting you and hearing about your journey!

Dan

Thank you. What name is res under?

My Inspiration

'86 44 Turbo, black/red,7's and 8's fuchs, autothority - sold (rocketship)
    '97 Boxster, first delivered in DC Metro, silver/red -sold (huge mistake to buy this one)
    '99 C2, silver/black, RoW M030, limited lip, short shift - sold (good ride, but...)

'69 912, 3.2 with all the trimmings
    (finally got air cooled)
    Early 911S Registry Member 2044