Thread: Werks Reunion - Porsche Kardex/COA lookup

Werks Reunion - Porsche Kardex/COA lookup

Did anyone else get the opportunity to have your Kardex/COA information looked up by the Porsche representative with the laptop? I should probably post this to the 912 board, but some of you here might find this information useful and interesting.

I have a 1968 912, VIN #12804077.
    The information I found out was the following:

Engine Number: 1283919
    Transmission Number: 1283404 - 902/02
    Production Completion: April 8, 1968
    Delivered: July 20, 1968 to dealership in Copenhagen, then it was purchased (?, not sure the sequence of events here) and shipped to the original owner in San Francisco

Options

- Original Color: Sand Beige (silver now)
    - Interior: Black Leatherette
    - Tires: Kleber Col. V10
    - US equipment
    - Tinted glass all around

Jeffrey
    Early 911 S Registry #2984
    '68 912-6 2,7
    '05 911 Carrera S
    '90 Beck 550 Spyder (sold)
    '72 VW Squareback (sold)

Welcome to the board. I'm not sure who the Porsche representative is with a laptop, but try using the search function with just the word "kardex" in the title only. Then put on a big pot of coffee, because you will have a lot of reading to do.

Maybe I wasn't clear, but the Porsche representative with the laptop was at the Werks Reunion in Monterey on Friday, and this is the information he was able to provide to me about my car.

Cheers,
    Jeffrey

Jeffrey
    '68 912-6 2,7
    '05 911 Carrera S
    '72 VW Squareback (sold)

It was probably a Porsche rep named Christian, he was at all the Renn-Sports with the "magic laptop". They let you view everything, but you can't take pics, just write everything down.

---Adam
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!
    Early 911S Registry Member 1372
    Check out Unobtanium-Inc.com
    New blog posts all the time!

Yes, that must be him. It was a very nice surprise to get information about my car, I wasn't expecting that at all when we went to the Reunion.

Jeffrey
    '68 912-6 2,7
    '05 911 Carrera S
    '72 VW Squareback (sold)

Miami, FL (previously Las Vegas, NV & Macau, China)
    By any chance did you get the "Porsche representative with the laptop('s)" business card/contact information for cold call requests?
    Carlo M., Registry #1513
    1972 Porsche 911S Targa (Silver Metallic) [SOLD]
    1987 Porsche 930 (Silver Metallic)
    1998 Porsche 993 Carrera S (Vesuvio Metallic / Vesuvio Package)
    1995 Ferrari F355 Berlinetta (Rosso Corsa)
    A couple of Land / Range Rovers for daily use and baby transport
    My first car (at age 15 in 80s): 1983 Porsche 911SC (Guards Red with period gold BBS wheels)!

Unfortunately no, but the Porsche dealership that had the tent next door selling t-shirts and jackets was Porsche of Livermore. They might have his contact information since the way it was set up suggested that they were all from the same place.

Jeffrey
    '68 912-6 2,7
    '05 911 Carrera S
    '72 VW Squareback (sold)