Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can a 911 frown?

Can a 911 frown?

This one is beyond a feasible repair, but I took a few photos for posterity and couldn't help but think that the car seemed to be frowning or grimacing?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

oooh that's an obvious frown

nemo me impune lacessit Kris Clewell's Avatar
    whats the serial number? maybe its worth saving!
    -Kris Clewell

Professional photojournalist

red decklid club member #1

Or what is the vin# so I can stay away from it in the future when I know it will never be the same

Great point!

Quote Originally Posted by boxster03 View Post
    Or what is the vin# so I can stay away from it in the future when I know it will never be the same
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616

Quote Originally Posted by geshaghi View Post
    This one is beyond a feasible repair, but I took a few photos for posterity and couldn't help but think that the car seemed to be frowning or grimacing?
    I'd say that car is balling its eyes out. It amazes me how these cars haven't gone to the crushers many years ago. But then a VIN number can go a long way in a "restoration" to some unsuspecting buyer.

IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/2dt7h8i.jpg[/IMG]

Here's another photo before we touched the car. We removed the hood and front bumper today. My guys think the car is easily fixable, as most of the damage was taken by the nose and suspension pan (along with the hood, fenders and bumper) and it is remarkably straight from the cowl back, but we won't be putting humpty dumpty back together. Even though it appears to be a numbers-matching 1970 T coupe, I've done this enough to know that if you want to end up with a good car, you need to start with a good car. This one will die so others might survive. But seeing how this 44 year old car held up in a major front end collision is a testament to the build quality of our cars.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Banned
    That'll buff out.

Cut to fit, paint to match. Voila!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    That'll buff out.
    Classic.

Scott
    1968 911S
    1986 Carrera
    2006 Carrera S

1973 BMW 3.0CS - Frances (gone but not forgotten)