Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can a 911 frown?

Is the rest of the car that bad? Seems like once you take the fenders off, fix the suspension pan and partition wall, you're just about there. Heck, that's mostly rust repair stuff in rust belt cars anyway.
    Per Schroeder

member #1515
    If you have a jig to do it properly that car can be saved. As Per says, most of the front pan area is a standard replacement.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Clewell View Post
    whats the serial number? maybe its worth saving!
    George should be commended for not saving this car. Yes, from the doors back it seems to be in very good condition, which makes it an excellent parts car.
    How many people are seeking those parts for their projects? Yup, quite a few!
    We need parts cars to insure that all of our cars will not be parked, non running, in our garage due to non-availability of some simple part that can not be purchased, other than from a good parts car.
    Rusted, stripped out crap that has been siting in a field in the Midwest do not qualify as good parts cars.
    OK, I'll step down from my soap box now.

Ciao

Jim
    www.easypor.com

nemo me impune lacessit Kris Clewell's Avatar
    my sarcasm and winky face apparently didnt come across.
    -Kris Clewell

Professional photojournalist

red decklid club member #1

The car can certainly be saved with a little bit of time on the frame machine, the replacement of the front pan and nose and some other work here and there (driver's side rear quarter is also damaged). We've repaired worse. If someone wants to buy the car whole and give it a go, give me call. Otherwise, the parting process will begin soon....

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Clewell View Post
    my sarcasm and winky face apparently didnt come across.
    Sorry, Kris. It sailed right over my head and I'm one to use the same kind of sarcasm.

Ciao

jim

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    Classic.

Scott
    +1!!! Laughing all the way to rhinoplasty

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by geshaghi View Post
    Otherwise, the parting process will begin soon....
    Dat's foolish talk.

You will have a lynch mob after you.

Of course an ESR lynch mob would consist of absolutely wicked acts like not returning PM's, casting disparaging remarks at Porsche gatherings, and not selling you parts when you want them.

Organ donor. Let it rest in peace. I vote DNR.
    Early 911S Registry # 2395
    1973 Porsche 911S in ivory white 5sp MT
    2015 Porsche Macan S in agate grey 7sp PDK

that's the main reason why you wouldn't want to drill them hood hinges