Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Found some good red bordered decals

So - The consensus is that the AASE set if the more accurate?

Is that still true?

Richard Newton
    What Exactly is Stewardship?

Quote Originally Posted by Richardnew View Post
    So - The consensus is that the AASE set if the more accurate?

Is that still true?

Richard Newton
    What Exactly is Stewardship?

Yes it looks like their font has yet to change so I would say so.

Looks like user "noboco" on the bird has every decal ever put on a Porsche. Looks like his company (in Poland) is "Car-Bone". His original post in May of 2014 says $35 for a set of six decals. Anyone got decals from him? 25 pages of pics and correspondence below, which include a lot of US customers.
    Does anyone have a picture of the decals on a '69S. It looks like mine had 4 decals on the slam panel and one timing decal on the fan housing? I don't think they all had red borders. Pic of the three remaining originals tomorrow, plus a comparison of the original timing decal and the one I bought from Porsche in 1980 (not the same).

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...ne-decals.html

Bob B
    Last edited by SIMI BOB; 04-14-2016 at 08:23 AM.

Early 911S Registry # 237 NeunElf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIMI BOB View Post
    Looks like user "noboco" on the bird has every decal ever put on a Porsche. Looks like his company (in Poland) is "Car-Bone". His original post in May of 2014 says $35 for a set of six decals. Anyone got decals from him? 25 pages of pics and correspondence below, which include a lot of US customers.
    Does anyone have a picture of the decals on a '69S. It looks like mine had 4 decals on the slam panel and one timing decal on the fan housing? I don't think they all had red borders. Pic of the three remaining originals tomorrow, plus a comparison of the original timing decal and the one I bought from Porsche in 1980 (not the same).

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...ne-decals.html

Bob B
    I have one snorkel sticker from AASE Sales:

Name:  AASE_Sales.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  56.7 KB

One snorkel sticker from Car-Bone:

Name:  Car-Bone.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  48.0 KB

And one very old one from Porsche:

Name:  Original.jpg
Views: 384
Size:  73.3 KB

I decided to use the Car-Bone snorkel sticker because it's the least expensive (US$ 10 at the 2016 Lit Meet) and I'm starting to think about redoing the powder coating on the air cleaner. But the font's not quite right and it's on foil, not thin sheet metal.

The price has come down on the AASE Sales snorkel sticker--I think I paid over $ 40 at the 2015 Lit Meet and right now they're just $ 29.

The AASE Sales snorkel sticker's printed on thin metal and the font's pretty close although the "o" in "ordre d' allumage" seems a bit squarer on the old Porsche sticker than in the AASE Sales snorkel sticker.

I think the Car-Bone snorkel sticker renders the valves and parentheses better.

The surface of the AASE Sales snorkel sticker has a sort of wire-brushed effect while the original Porsche sticker does not (at least not now).
    Jim Alton
    Torrance, CA
    Early 911S Registry # 237

1965 Porsche 911 coupe
    1958 Porsche 356A cabriolet

Go to a heating and sheetmetal supply shop and buy metal duct tape. You can stack as many layers as you want to get the desired thickness of the original. Then put your foil sticker on top and you are there. It feels just like the original in flex. I have had this tape stack with a foil sticker on a Porsche for years with no problems.

Shuretape
    Last edited by steve shea; 04-14-2016 at 12:45 PM.
    Steve Shea #1 joined a long time ago
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

member Jackson Hole Ski Club

Does everyone agree that the Car bone stickers are accurate?

Name:  IMAG1863.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  206.3 KB

Richard Newton
    What is Stewardship About?

My big question is are the Canford stickers on the proper thick foil, my last ones from Aase weren't.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

I've seen several versions of placement for a 1973 911. Which one of examples below is correct?

Name:  911 Engine Compartment sticker location.jpeg
Views: 354
Size:  139.9 KB

Name:  1973 Engine Decal Placement.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  104.6 KB

Richard Newton

Quote Originally Posted by Richardnew View Post
    Does everyone agree that the Car bone stickers are accurate?

Richard Newton
    Picture on "firing order" shows too much cilinders....

Slate Gray, Red Leather, 1968 912 HWT

Banned
    Sorry; is it too much to ask to have a sticker made with the correct font, spacing and artwork? Current offerings are so close yet so far.

Currently searching for Solex air filter stickers and as far as I can tell no one has nailed it.

As far as material, after looking at several original stickers I'm not so sure that it should be "thin metal" rather than foil? (Always thought foil was thin metal...) It has to be thin enough to "wrap" around the radius of the snorkel.