Thread: cigarete lighter wiring help needed

cigarete lighter wiring help needed

Can anyone tell me how the cigarette lighter on a 67 normal is working? Does the engine have to run before the current is available ?
    The diagram says fuse 2 for the lighter , and the lighter is nr. 55 on the diagram. There is a red + a brown wire going to the lighter, doses it matter
    which wire that goes where on the 2 terminals on the lighter, and does the the spring in the lighter have to be pressed down before it works?

fuse 2 is ok, and the interiør light is working ok

a lot of question for a little problem , but i miss have 12 v available in the car

rg.Lars

we know the lighter is powered all the time even with key off because it is on the same fuse as the clock

if yours does not work it is probably because the modern device you are trying to plug into it does not have contacts that make contact with the pins in the lighter that carry power. I have the precise same problem and actually resorted to buying a separate lighter socket which I attach to the ignition with piggyback fastons for travel use
    1966 911 #304065 Irischgruen

I have tryied to test the red+ brown wire with a bulb + a test lamp, it seems that the is no power in the wires. when I press the lighter down, it stays down and don't get hot.

Did you measure the voltage from the back side? Are both wires connected? There is a central pin and a ground to the chassis, that's all.

I do not have any measure instrument yet, have to borrow one, does the red wire go to the bottom of the lighter and the brown to the loose clamp? that tights to the back of the dash?

the watch have also stopped working so perhaps something else is wrong

Yes, if the clock doesn't work you have a problem in that circuit.

yes,red goes to the middle terminal and the brown is ground