Thread: My 1971 Targa 911s

My 1971 Targa 911s

Can someone advice or help.

Two years ago I bought my 1971 911 Targa S from Florida only find out that the owner sold the s engine separately and put in a 911 T engine on it. I have recently completed the restoration.

Now I want find the original engine of the car.

The vin no is 911.131.0230 the original engine I do not know.

Is there a way to find out the original engine no ?

Thanks

ARADSINC

Quote Originally Posted by aradsinc View Post
    . . . Is there a way to find out the original engine no ? . . .
    Easiest way to get your vehicle's original engine number is to request a 'Certificate of Authenticity' from Porsche . . .
    http://www.porsche.com/usa/accessori...fauthenticity/

HtH --- and any pics/details/stories to share? . . .

. . . and welcome aboard!

We Can Be Heroes

Your engine number should be around 631380. With the Certificate of Authenticity you can get the exact number.
    Giaz
    Life is hard without a Porsche

Here is a 2.2 S engine for sale in Italy, number not mentioned, I believe the stacks are missing but heat exchangers and exhaust are included, no affiliation, 14,000 euro http://www.autobelle.it/annunci/vend...00s_202039.php
    Giaz

I noticed your post and the fact that you are doing a 71 s targa. I have just found, in a barn, a the same car. I have no other S to compare it to and I am getting a lot of information together to prove its provenance. That said, there was some work on the R front of the car. I need detailed trunk pan photos of all seams etc of the R front. I also need detailed pics of the inside top of the smugglers box and pics of the door sill seams that run next to the seats, without the rubber.
    One guys showed up trying to purchase but was telling me all this stuff that was wrong with the car, I do not believe just yet, but want to verify.
    Could you kindly help me with some pictures and email to rroush@roushinsurance.com? I would greatly appreciate and gladly pay for your time. I really need to verify these seams as original or not!
    Thanks
    Rich
    rich-911

I have posted a collection of details that I believe to be correct and original of 1970-71 911s on https://picasaweb.google.com/1107313...tureOriginali# . That includes details of the trunk.
    The pictures are taken from all over the web, but mostly from here.
    Giaz

Giaz...............Thank you. very helpful! I still need a picture (close up) of the naked door sill seams ......
    rich-911