Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 67 911S Coupe value

Banned

67 911S Coupe value

At the risk of hearing magnificent bloviating and self-serving agendas promoted does the market support $300k SWB S coupes currently?
    Assuming:

Proper restoration and restored to original specs.
    Favorable options (I.E: LSD, Pepita sport seats, Talbot, Webasto, Koln, etc.)

Thanks.

Frank,

Interested to hear the responses to your post as to values but would be helpful to know the color and whether the drive train is a match.

tc
    Early 911S Registry
    Looking for engine 960 168
    Looking for gear box 103 165

Banned
    Tom,
    Polo Red, numbers matching.
    Sorry, should have mentioned those important details.

Frank, I'd think in that price range a buyer would have a range of cars to choose from. Not sure if that helps.

Banned
    Mike,
    I find market research to be extremely boring and a painful exercise. I'll be the first to admit that I'm the last one to know what's for sale. I would be amazed if there were more than say... a handful of 67S coupes for sale currently but if someone wants to post links to comps that would be splendid.

300 sounds like a lot of money to me.

Until I see '68 non S outlaw cars for 225.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    Mike,
    I find market research to be extremely boring and a painful exercise. I'll be the first to admit that I'm the last one to know what's for sale. I would be amazed if there were more than say... a handful of 67S coupes for sale currently but if someone wants to post links to comps that would be splendid.

300 sounds like a lot of money to me.

Until I see '68 non S outlaw cars for 225.

Thanks.
    Frank. Here is a single data point from last year:

http://www.sportscardigest.com/porsc...on-in-2015/11/

Second car down on the list.

Lot # 49 1967 Porsche 911S Coupe; S/N 307975S; Engine # 961639; Irish Green/Brown leather; Estimate $250,000 – $325,000; Visually maintained, largely original, 3- condition; Hammered Sold at $172,500 plus commission of 10.00%; Final Price $189,750. No Reserve. 1991/180hp, 5-speed, Fuchs wheels, Uniroyal tires, gold badges, power sunroof, rear wiper, heated rear window, passenger’s side headrest, VDO dash clock, Blaupunkt cassette stereo. – One family owned since 1986. Missing rear view mirror. Dirty brightwork and molding/rub strips. Dull paint. Several big scratches but overall the paint is complete. Grubby, pitted frame and engine bay but no major rust. Tired but complete and rip free interior. A low mileage first year S with some dust left on. Looks like a barn find, but was apparently overhauled and repainted in the mid-1980s. – To the casual eye, this looked like a freshly discovered 911 S that’s fresh out of four decades in a barn somewhere. Its history, however, reveals that its only been stored for two decades, and not carefully, after a restoration. The Monterey bidders were astute to bring this car to a price appropriate for its condition since it doesn’t have originality as an excuse for its debilitated state.
    1996 993 black/tan

Here is a link to a car currently available at $225k:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/635758...57656544500265

I know that Canepa continues to do very well with these cars, often in the $300k to $400k range
    Brian
    S Reg #1032

"I measured twice, cut three times, and it's still too short!"

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    . . . does the market support $300k SWB S coupes currently?
    Assuming:

Proper restoration and restored to original specs.
    Favorable options (I.E: LSD, Pepita sport seats, Talbot, Webasto, Koln, etc.) . . .
    Hm

One to watch, then --- @Sotheby's Phoenix . . . in two weeks . . .
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...294#post850294

How 'bout a look/see? --- maybe some observations/commentary/bloviation/etc? . . .

Attached Images Attached Images  

We Can Be Heroes

Frank, the only car I recall selling for more than something above the mid $200s was the $400k Irish Green "best of the best" car highlighted in Classic Porsche mag.

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ght=Slate+grey

Otherwise, the slate grey S sold by someone here was said to be $255k

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ght=Slate+grey

Scott
    1968 911S
    1986 Carrera
    2006 Carrera S

1973 BMW 3.0CS - Frances (gone but not forgotten)

Bump to this thread, ...