Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: @Samba - 300170

FS: @Samba - 300170

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifie...php?id=1677331

wow! Apologies if it was already discussed.

~J~
    air cooled only

911 S 1967 and ...

Still at samba...
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Not the original engine otherwise I think it would have been long gone.

On my Information there are only two '64 cars at the Moment on the market. This one here Paged car, the Swedish Flower Racing car, see: http://www.maxted-page.com/cars/car-details.aspx?id=288
    911 S 1967 and ...

Quote Originally Posted by 67er911S View Post
    On my Information there are only two '64 cars at the Moment on the market. This one here Paged car, the Swedish Flower Racing car, see: http://www.maxted-page.com/cars/car-details.aspx?id=288
    Correct, both cars are the same price level, very good cars just not matching numbers.

Erik

Quote Originally Posted by il pirata View Post
    Not the original engine otherwise I think it would have been long gone.
    I like your name
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by nickb4 View Post
    I like your name
    ha…although I am generally much more sane than Marco was…except going downhill.

Somehow strange that the Porsche Museum bought #57 with none matching engine and gearbox for more good amout of money...

For the record . . .

On Samba from Arnhem, Netherlands
    1964 Porsche 911 2.0L Coupe
    VIN: 300170
    Engine: Original number is 900239 but in this car 900308 (also an 1964 911 2.0 engine )
    Trans: ?
    Mileage: ?
    Price: €675,000/US$835,000

Seller's Description:

Production of the new Porsche began in September 1964.
    This 911 is built on 18 December 1964,

Painted Hellelfenbeim, this early 911 looks absolutely stunning. The chrome work on the bumpers, trim and factory steel wheels is in excellent condition. Underneath the trunk lid, the engine has been restored using NOS parts and is incredibly clean. Very imporatant that this car has a lot of orginal 1964 911 details who are already changend in production year 1965.

No detail was overlooked, and the interior was restored to the same level of detail as the rest of the car. The red leather trim contrasts nicely with original black and white pepita seats inserts. Even the wood for the dash and aluminium steering wheel were restored to correct specification.

Offered here is one of the first 911s in that long line of historic sports cars. Rarely are one of the first 232 offered for sale and for sure not an example in such perfect condition. This early Porsche 911 will make for a valuable piece of history in any (Porsche) collection.
    Last edited by DOUGS73E; 11-23-2014 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Correct Currency
    Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548