Thread: 1971 911S advice

1971 911S advice

I have a 1971 911S coupe that Grady Clay helped me find in 1981. I am 2nd owner. Spent its life in California and Colorado. Never driven in snow. Hasn't been driven in 10 years. I am thinking of selling and would appreciate advice on brokers, auctions, etc., and also recommendations on best shop in Denver to get it running again.

Albert blue, black interior, sunroof, recaro sport seats, factory fog lights mounted thru air grills, scarce factory sport exhaust (muffler and straight pipes), mostly original paint (hood and front fenders have been repainted due to rock chips), rear window wiper, no body work or rust ever, two dead batteries, original aluminum rear license plate panel, all records, books & tools. Everything is absolutely original and unaltered. 63k original miles, I think (haven't looked under the car cover in 10 years). Nice car.

Thanks.

Best mechanics would probably be Steve Rowe at Rowe Performance, 2199 W. Bates Ave., Englewood CO 80110; 303/789-2911; or John Eisenbud at Eisenbud's, 796 Vallejo St, Denver, CO 80204; 303/825-0322. Have it well detailed and professionally photographed then appraised by Deane Fehrmann in Golden; 303/237-3031. Stick it on this forum or BringaTrailer.com and see what happens--or run an ad in Porsche Panorama.

Frank

Would love to see photos of your 911 when you do take the cover off.

You might want to drive it when you have it recomissioned. Sounds like a fantastic car based your description.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

I've heard good things about Steve Rowe as well, pics, car sounds beautiful.
    Phil
    Early S Junkie # 658

Quote Originally Posted by fryardds View Post
    . . . love to see photos of your 911 when you do take the cover off . . .
    Please post your VIN + other details, too . . .

. . . and here's a thread you might wanna add to, as well . . .
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...-original-cars

. . . and welcome aboard

We Can Be Heroes

My wife and I have been looking for a 911 S. I might be able to save you the effort of the mechanic and brokers fees, etc. If you're thinking of selling and want to discuss with someone who really wants our first 911 S, please let me know and we can connect. All the best and good luck.

Zack
    (310) 717-9926