Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 73 S - accelerator linkage question - tunnel exit to trans bell crank..

73 S - accelerator linkage question - tunnel exit to trans bell crank..

As illustrated in the attached photo, I'd appreciate an understanding of these linkage pieces. While the tapered end of the brass housing would have a nice 'interference' fit into the tunnel where the accelerator pedal rod exits, there is very little internal movement possible with the 'barrel' that is inside this housing and therefore not nearly enough fore and after movement of the accelerator rod. Assuming it does 'float' inside the rubber boot/bellows (not pictured), it seems an unnecessary/poor design for what it does...thanks for your thoughts on helping me understand this one.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

These are some pictures from a hour long tech session on throttle linkage I did at one of the parades.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Ed - thank you and most helpful as always...answers all my questions. I still have the original pieces with their 'as taken off' adjustment and will match that for an initial setting.

Ed - a follow up question please - since there is only 4-5 or so threads inside each 'barrel' end, can I assume that each rod end should be screwed in completely and any needed adjustments are done at the ball cup ends? Thank you

Send me your e-mail, I have a hour long power point presentation I did for Parade one year JUST on throttle linkage and adjustments. That's of course if I can figure out how to do that!
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Ed - PM sent, and thank you for offering it!

Hi Ed,

PM sent on this thread.

Thanks in advance, Tom

Nice work, Ed on the throttle link presentation. I would love one as well!

- Rob
    rcsteinway@earthlink.net

Thanks for the offer, please email me at 72t4tom@gmail.com

Ed: If you can figure out the PowerPoint email I would also appreciate a copy. ejb@elilaw.net Thank you. EJB