Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Early 911 Seats $950.00 ( Located in MI )

Early 911 Seats $950.00 ( Located in MI )

I have a pair of front seats for an early 911. Seats are in decent shape. They could be recovered or used as is. The hardware and chrome are all good. One of the covers has a hole in the seat area.

$950.00 or best offer. Located in MI

Please contact me at patroussey@mayertool.net

photo1.jpg
    photo6.jpg
    photo5.jpg
    photo7.jpg

1968 912
    1970 911
    1987 944
    1980 928
    1998 Boxter

Email sent

Would be interested to know if these seats would have been in a 67S. I am looking for a complete interior for a 67S. if these seats are relevant for 67 then I am interested

thanks
    Mark

Mark, TWJ is coming to look at them next weekend. I will continue to try and get a little more information as to what model year they would have come from. If TWJ does not take them then I will get back with you. Thanks for the interest.

Patrick

not sure whether this helps, but those seats would appear to be pre-mid '68 SWB seats. the '68 MY had a mid-year change to seats equipped with head rests that mounted to the seats via pins in the top of the seatback. prior the the mid-year change, head rests were mounted to the backs of the seats, similar to (or maybe identical to) the 356 head rests. my '68 car was built in aug, '67 and those seats are the same as mine, as far as i can tell.

again, i don't profess to be an expert. i'm just trying to help a little.

Early 68s were not equipped with headrests unless optioned (mounting on the back). So early 68 seats may or may not have headrests. Headrests became standard and mounted on top of the seat by December 67.

Those are 67 or ealier seats. You can find a date stamp done in ink on the inside of the hinges that will determine their exact year. 68 seats had a seat back lock on both seats. 67 and earleir only locked on the right seat (LHD) cars. RHD cars were visa versa.

Regards

Jim

This forum is always interesting, and sometimes functions in quirky ways. One of the things I value most is the interaction of posts to verify or contest the provenance of an item for sale. To me, those side discussions show a high 'value-added' to sales on other forums, because buyers can have added comfort that the item is correct for their car. At the same time, the side discussions might distract from the sale.

I don't know Jim Breazeale, but I've seen his posts and always respect his input. I'll be contacting Jim about the seat back lock issue, but the input was very valuable.

It also appears that posts #5 and #6 agreed with one another, although it wasn't clear at first reading.

So, buyers no know that the "Early 911" seats are correct for '64-'67 ("67 or earlier"). In my view, that is adding value for the community.

Thanks to the seller and to the community of enthusiasts.

I pulled the cover and these seats are stamped 66. I have included photo. Thanks for the help on this!!

photo8.JPG

Patrick

Hi Patrick

Interested in acquiring these seats if they are still available. I am based in the UK, I know that some members are not keen to ship overseas, let me know if this would be an issue

thanks
    Mark