Thread: Missing captive nut for rear bumper guard?

Missing captive nut for rear bumper guard?

I am missing one of the captive nuts for the top mount of my rear bumper guard. What's the factory correct way to replace this missing nut? Looks like it is welded or is it like a rivnut?

Thanks

Pretty sure they are spot welded. If you could get one from Jim/EASY (or could be available as new somewhere), then you can spot weld it on. In the photo the two spots look just barely visible. If you don't have access to a spot welder you could do a reasonable job by drilling where the two weld spots go, then MIG welding to fill.
    Jeff Jensen

Thanks Jeff. I have a mig welder. Just need to source the captive nut component.

Seems like we are doing some parallel things. I'm in the process of returning my car back to correct Touring trim with the metal bumpers and license panel and all the deco trim.
    Jeff Jensen

Stoddards had several different sizes on their site.
    Bill Barnich
    R Gruppe Nr.230
    Early S Nr.960
    71 911T/2.7 Tangarine
    73 911?/3.6 work in progress

Quote Originally Posted by WCB4 View Post
    Stoddards had several different sizes on their site.
    Thanks Bill! Sure enough, they do. Just need to determine the right size: