Thread: 1967 911S Black Coil

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

1967 911S Black Coil

I understand the correct SWB black coils have been unavailable for some time. To get a correct look I think I read where some have painted the coil black and the top an orange/brownish color. I searched but couldn't find the information I was looking for. If anyone had painted their coil can you tell me what paint was used? Thanks.

Bill

I ended up with this by: painting the body with VHT Satin Black, the top with Plasti-Kote red primer followed by Eastwood Satin Clear. The decal came from this site. Hope that helps. (p.s.: some of the Pertronix connectors are temporary-sheesh!)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Silverbullit; 09-04-2014 at 09:22 PM.
    Brian
    S Reg #1032

"I measured twice, cut three times, and it's still too short!"

Thanks Brian. We have the decal, just need to paint the coil now.

That is likely a running machine by now. Nice coil all ready to fire that baby up

Not quite yet…..just no time to fiddle with it…..but soon!!
    Brian
    S Reg #1032

"I measured twice, cut three times, and it's still too short!"