Thread: Quest for Italian history 911 T 1971... Last info still missing....

Quest for Italian history 911 T 1971... Last info still missing....

Hi,

I have a 1971 911 T which was first delivered to Italy. From 1971 through 2001 it was driven in the Italian Veneto region after which it was imported in the Netherlands. I have owned the car since 2004 and since it has been completely restored.

Since I wanted to know more about the history of the car, I finally managed to obtain the car’s documents from the Italian Autoclub. You can get “Certficato cronologico” documents which would list all owners the car has had, so I now know that in the 30 years in Italy it has had 3 licence plate numbers and 9 owners. So far so good. But there are some bits of information missing still and I am hoping that the members on this forum are able to help me complete the history.

I know that the importer in Italy in the time was located in Bologna called AutoGerma. But how where the cars sold? Where there designated VW/Porsche dealerships? I know the car was delivered in Padova through a concessionaire, but the name is illegible. Does someone have a list of all Italian dealers at the time?

Thank you for your help!

Hessel
    Registry #3026
    '71 911 T
    www.klassieke911912.nl

I guess this link can be useful to you ...

http://forum.rip911.it/showpost.php?...7&postcount=27
    Member #2768 http://www.no-speedlimit.it

• 1973 Biancaneve - 911 2.4 S/F Ivory
    • 1977 Fiona - 911 Carrera 3.0 Oak Green Metallic
    • 1993 Bellatrix - 964 Turbo 3.6 Black

I keep a registry of 1972 and 1973 2.4 S coupé chassis. Infos always welcome!!!

Instagram
    Twitter

In the period RoW Servicebooklet that came w the car, all European/Italian dealers were listed. I have one of these.
    Last edited by 911T1971; 09-05-2014 at 09:22 AM.
    Registry member No.773

The dealer for Padova could be Scarabel, that was estabilished in those years and is still today the main local dealer for VW -Audi.
    I have a few local Porsche friends, maybe some names ring bells.
    Andrea
    Early S registry #1082

Hi,

In the certificato's I was able to find something like 'las XXXauto'. Maybe that rings a bell? Not clear, that '70's handwritten italian.

Thx.
    Registry #3026
    '71 911 T
    www.klassieke911912.nl

If you can scan it and send me a copy, I can have a look and see if there's useful info
    Andrea
    Early S registry #1082

Ok. Can you PM me your emailadress so I can sent you a scan? Thx.
    Registry #3026
    '71 911 T
    www.klassieke911912.nl

This booklet covers all European Importer&Dealer adresses as well as all Service stations.
    Cover design exists in two versions (pre69 and 69/70+later) and there are 4 Edition dates btw 64 and 73.
    This is Edition 3/70, it was delivered w my car.

sorry for bad quality, iphone pics.
    Below cover, page 1,3 and 23-27.

Last edited by 911T1971; 09-05-2014 at 09:41 AM.
    Registry member No.773

Great! Now i know that my car was delivered by SAS Superauto in Padova. Thank you very much for posting!
    Registry #3026
    '71 911 T
    www.klassieke911912.nl