Thread: MOMO vintage wheel

MOMO vintage wheel

I had this hidden in the back of my garage for 30 years. Don't even remember picking it up but do understand it is pretty rare. I was wondering if anyone new what the "1" stood for. Thanks in advance.
    Doug M
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Nice wheel: I recall an entry in a thread on this site which identified these wheels as being made for a U.S. company in the 70s. If you search Mark Morrisey I'm sure you'll find the information
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616

Thanks.. All Original. I don't think it was ever mounted and if so not for long. No wear on leather.
    dlm
    Last edited by dlmrun2002; 12-06-2014 at 11:55 AM.

It's a "Real Wheel" made for Formula 1 Enterprises back in the day. See post here.
    Last edited by Bill Simmeth; 12-06-2014 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Spelling

Hey thanks Bill.
    dlm ny country
    Last edited by dlmrun2002; 12-06-2014 at 12:32 PM.

Here is my favorite tidbit of info that I discovered for my story on Formula 1 Enterprises that ran in Forza Magazine a while ago: (unedited)

A friend of Ludvigsen Bill Collins, a senior engineer at Pontiac at the time saw the Real Wheel and was impressed with it’s hand made quality and elegant design. Ludvigsen adds, “Bill told me, ‘this is a great wheel. We ought to be offering something like this on our Trans Am. This should be a Trans Am wheel’, and I said good deal.” That sounded an awful lot like the beginning of a mutually beneficial business transaction because Collins asked Karl for all the technical information he could find him. What a stroke of luck! Ludvigsen pondered how fantastic, not to mention lucrative this relationship could be. So Karl set off to get Collins the material he asked for. He sent them several samples of the wheels. Ludvigsen called an engineer friend of his in Milan and asked him to provide Collins with a proper set of detailed technical renderings of the wheels and hubs. And then, many months went by with no word from Collins. The next thing he knows, the 1968 Pontiac Trans Am comes out, complete with a very familiar looking steering wheel. “I don’t know who they got to make it but it was a good looking wheel with the spoke holes and the whole deal” Ludvigsen says. He adds, “It was a disappointment for us... not a crushing disappointment but it would have been a nice piece of business.”
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I have a website now:
    www.markmorrissey.org

Instagram: @Mark0Morrissey