Thread: FS: @eBay - 1973 911 S with 1972 T engine.

Hartfordland

FS: @eBay - 1973 911 S with 1972 T engine.

Hi folks. Don't know much about Porsches. I recently came into this car through a friend who died. I posted on Ebay about a week ago and I was told I should post here. Hope I am doing correctly. Car is on Ebay, it is a 1973 S with a slightly earlier T motor. Here is the URL: http://www.ebay.com/itm/121441866697...84.m1555.l2649 It will sell on Tuesday. Thanks a ton. John

VIN reference - 9113300776

Original color 936 (Silver)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 72targa; 09-30-2014 at 12:27 PM.
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

sold on ebay $40k

VIN = 9113300776
    Eng# = ?
    Trans# = ?

More --- from eBay . . .

'. . . For sale is my 1973 Porsche 911 S. This car is a nice driver with a decent look but is not a show car. It came out of an estate of a close friend who died approximately two years ago. I bought the car and own it personally.
    It is a real deal 911 S that has been converted to have a the look of a turbo 930. The four fender panels have been replaced but the rest of the car is original. The car has a replacement engine from late 1970 or early 1971. The stamping on the engine is 6121854.
    The exterior looks pretty good cosmetically with minor blemishes throughout. It is strictly a driver quality car and not in show condition. The rear Porsche plastic sign above the license plate has minor damage. The hood trunk and door gaps are all excellent, and they all open and shut easily. All of the glass appears to be original. There are no signs of rust or rust repair on the car. There is a Turbo badge on the car but the car is not turbo charged.
    The interior appears to be mostly original as well with the exception of a replacement steering wheel. I think the carpets and floor mats are original and the seats appear to be original as well. The dash has several cracks in it, The car has no radio and I believe was ordered without one as there are no signs of there having been one in the car at any time. The odometer mileage is not correct and the car is being sold as an unknown mileage car. The roof liner is original and nice.
    The engine is clean but not in anyway detailed for show. As stated earlier the engine is without question a replacement motor from an earlier car. The engine starts and runs well with good compression on all cylinders. I have attached a picture of the engine stamping.
    Under the hood the area is very clean but there was no spare or Jack. The area is rust free and original. The original felt carpeting is with the car, I removed it to show both the Vin number and the condition of the floor.
    The underside of the car is rust free as well and appears to be very solid. I have probably posted too many pictures of the underside but want to be sure that the buyer knows the car is a solid original.
    The tires are very new with excellent tried life left. The wheels are correct turbo style wheels.
    Overall The car is a nice little driver with all of the mechanicals sorted well. I think you could be enjoyed as it is for a long time. However if one wanted to restore the car this car offers a great starting point to do a full restoration and to return to original 911 S configuration.
    This car is being offered without reserve however I will consider reasonable buy it now offers at any time throughout the auction. I welcome an inspection at any time during the auction. The car is located in West Hartford Connecticut. I can be reached at any time throughout the duration of the auction with questions by clicking the contact-seller link or calling 860–883–3998.
    Good luck and happy bidding . . .
    '

'. . . Thanks for the calls and emails. I've learned a lot today and have tried to answer everyones questions. The engine in the car is a mechanical fuel injected engine from 1972 so I was a little off in my dating of the motor. It is indeed non-matching but a good motor. The original color of the car was VW Metallic Silver. This color was first offered in 1972, however, some incorrect documentation (on line and in books) exists that state the color was not available until a few years later. Many original 1972 and later cars have been examined that prove the color was available much earlier. I'll post more as I learn more. Thanks! . . .'

'. . . I did a detailed inspection of the car today with a local expert and found out a lot about the car. I've posted the information below. I have pictures of all of this available...send me your email address and I will email to you. I will attempt to post a link to the images as well.
    The exterior looks pretty good cosmetically with minor blemishes throughout. It is strictly a driver quality car and not in show condition. The rear fenders are original steel with fiberglass grafted on via rivets and putty. The steel underneath is rust free and original to the car. Part of the wheel wells were cut in order to attach the fiberglass flares. The rear decklid is also not original. The rubber in the tail is coming off but for restoration, it is not relevant.
    Regarding rust: There is no serious rust anywhere on the car. This includes the following:
    The A pillars at the bast of the windshield. There is no puddy and all original steel.
    The door jams particularly at the bottom corner in front of the door sill plates. On the passenger side, there is zero rust or rust repair. On the drivers side, there is a nailhead size rust bubble just in front of the sill plate. I've attached pictures.
    The floors are solid with no rust or rust repair. The rear floors bulge a bit because of improper jacking but can be rolled back using the correct tool.
    The C pillars at the base of the rear window are rust free with no bondo and only original sheet metal.
    The lip at the base of the windshield under the hood has no rust or corrosion anywhere.
    The roof has no rust or rust repair and is all original sheet metal from the factory
    The two-layer steel plates (correct word?) above the engine and below the rear package trey are original and rust free. I pulled out the insulation and got a couple of good photos of the area.
    The front seats appear to be out of a later SC, the rears are original. The tachometer is a 911T unit with slightly lower redline rpm indication. All of the other instruments are correct 911S instruments. The radio speaker cover is there and in good shape but the radio was removed. The roof liner is original and perfect.
    The engine has all of its original 911S oil equipment. I have pictures of all and can provide to any interested buyer. This includes the trombone under the right front fender and all of the lower engine pieces. The car also has it original Koni shocks with no rust or rust repair in the towers. The engine is a 1972 T with correct mechanical fuel injection..'

The front clip is replaced. The floors are all original 911S and rust free with no repairs. The front fenders are glass. The hood is sheet metal. The original floor is rust free including the AC compartment (this is a NON-A/C car). There is no rust in the battery box area either . . .
    '

'. . . automobiledigital.com/Porsche/1973-Porsche-911S/n-mKgmB/

Click (or cut and paste) the above link for many ore pictures . . .
    '

We Can Be Heroes