Hey Folks

A while back while steaming down into the laces at Watkins Glen I had my first encounter with "brake pad or caliper knockback". Let's just say it was a code brown moment of monumental proportions I would not wish upon anyone. Thank you to the wise person on this forum who suggested months ago that this was indeed the problem. The notion of the brake pedal going right to the mat at only one spot on a track every lap really stumped me and a good number of much more experienced people.

Here's a great article describing the phenomenon in detail.

http://www.stoptech.com/technical-su.../pad-knockback

Interstingly the author had the same experience at the Glen going into the Bus Stop where as I think the Bus Stop was what precipitated my incident in the next major braking zone, the Laces.

In any case, after much discussion with my mechanic and a full season of left foot tapping the brake pedal before every major breaking zone, he has dug up and proposed a couple of solutions. I should mention that my 911 has ridiculously effective Brembo brakes (outside of this intermittent problem) installed by a previous owner. All the suspension is fresh, ie. bearings, bushings etc.

1. Caliper piston seals designed to limit the knock back, available through Brembo.

2. Anti Knockback springs, possibly also available through Brembo.

3. Brake fluid check valves.

Has anyone else had this problem and experience with these remedies? I'd be grateful for any input on this.

Thanks again.

Cheers

A.T.