Thread: 73 S - headliner again...

73 S - headliner again...

I received the 'ivory' headliner from Autos International today and it certainly looks beige to me (photos below). One photo shows the received material against what is presently installed which is indeed ivory and a different hold pattern. Can anyone tell me if what is installed correct, or just another 'wrong' pattern. The other photo was taken against a piece of white printer paper. I was hoping what I received today would work having given up on Andrea having the courtesy to reply to my PM, but not sure I can live with the wrong color and pattern. Thoughts please. Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Forgot to mention - the measurements between the outside points of the diamond on the Autos International material are 5mm and 7mm across the 3 and 9 oclock points...the headliner in the car measures 7mm and 10mm at the same points...hope I am clear in what I am trying to describe.

Mac,

On a side note, I was able to procure one of Andrea's headliners a few months back without any issue; If you would like I can pass on the direct email address this evening.

-Andrew
    -Andrew
    '72 911E
    '82 931, '92 968, '93 968
    S Reg #1074

Quote Originally Posted by MoparBoy72 View Post
    Mac,

On a side note, I was able to procure one of Andrea's headliners a few months back without any issue; If you would like I can pass on the direct email address this evening.

-Andrew
    Thank you...I would certainly appreciate it...your option to post it here for me and others or a PM to my inbox.

Hallo Mac

the headliners you posted are both wrong

the first has the wrong leatherette grain and wrong color ( too white) , the second wrong pattern ( it's not the diamond pattern) and wrong color ( too beige)

this is the correct headliner for lwb that we sell:

Name:  IMG-20130606-03442.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  154.9 KB

look at the veins on the surface: smooth, not so heavy like your first photo. and the color is like the original : Ivory, not beige, not white...

if you need one, i'm here...

My email is: Nosgruppe@gmail.com
    Last edited by andrea70; 09-10-2014 at 10:54 PM.
    Registry Member #1414
    NOSGRUPPE

Quote Originally Posted by mac73s View Post
    Thank you...I would certainly appreciate it...your option to post it here for me and others or a PM to my inbox.
    Mac;

Seems your PM box is full; Andrea has responded above but in the recent past, I was able to contact via [Andrea's company name]@ gmail
    Last edited by MoparBoy72; 09-10-2014 at 05:47 PM.
    -Andrew
    '72 911E
    '82 931, '92 968, '93 968
    S Reg #1074

Thank you all...glad I now have a way to contact Andrea and will do so right away.

Speaking of headliners. When I had my car in for rust repairs we discovered that I have 2 headliners. At some point a new headliner was installed over the original one. We decided to just leave everything alone. After all no one had noticed for the past 30 years.

The shop did have to replace a small section by the rear shelf.

Name:  911 Headliner.png
Views: 197
Size:  252.9 KB

The shop actually stained it to match the original (or the 2nd original). Now everything matches perfectly and it doesn't look like a Pebble Beach car. I love it.

Richard Newton
    Car Tech Stuff