Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: Heuer S.A.V.I.C. Rally Master Timer Set + HALDA Twinmaster, NEVER RESTORED!

FS: Heuer S.A.V.I.C. Rally Master Timer Set + HALDA Twinmaster, NEVER RESTORED!

Price is firm: SOLD!!!

Heuer Master Time 8-Day Rally Clock, 3-6-9-12 Hour-Dial + Heuer Monte Carlo 3-Button Rally Timer
    ~ a S.A.V.I.C. French Distributor Rally-Master Factory Matched Set

HALDA TWINMASTER TWM1
    ~ Early Alloy Metal Case
    Rally Racing Meter

All of these items are working perfectly and in remarkable condition. OEM, NLA and never restored!

Heuer clocks are working as expected, including the jump-disc and all other button functions. The Master Time keeps perfect time, I personally tested it over three days. There are some light scratches on the glass which I tried to document, those are typical from slight use on a period rally car. You can check out the many additional photos here. This particular factory Heuer matched-set was made available by their French distributor (S.A.V.I.C.) and it is indeed very rare. I see more 'Abercrombie & Fitch' timers than these particular S.A.V.I.C. models. Anyone with a French-base Porsche rally racer of that period would certainly be proud to wear these on the dash.

About the HALDA Twinmaster. It is ALL original and obviously in remarkable condition for its age. Note the emblem and lettering, shows this meter to be one of the metal case versions retaining its original factory applied graphics, never restored. Compare its condition to the many other units restored with new knobs, lettering, glass, etc. Those never end up looking quite the same after that. As they say; "They are only original once". Don't let this opportunity pass you by, they really don't come around that often unrestored in this condition.

BTW, the HALDA does not come with any cables
    , box, or T-fitting. Those components are still available from several sources, including eBay. For more and larger photos of the HALDA, please go here

No 'PM" please, contact me directly at AJSERRANO at MSN dot COM

Thank you for looking!

DSC03995b.jpg

DSC03994cc.jpg

DSC03995cc.jpg

DSC03995e.jpg

DSC04004.jpg

More pix to follow...
    Last edited by 914-6gt; 01-07-2016 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Sold!

The best set EVER, Armando ! The SAVIC co branding is the icing on the Rally Master pair, I bet Jeff Stein will be all over this bad boy ! So, you will not break up the set ? Would be nice to have separate pricing on both ! Thanks for this wonderful eye candy post.

Hi JB, I agree, being a 'SAVIC' set has some additional value over and above a standard Heuer. Not many of these sets were sold in France where they were originally available (IMHO as an appraiser).

For now, I'm keeping the lot together. About splitting the price/value between the two items, I'll be splitting hairs too (no punt intended); Some will say the SAVIC's are worth more, others the 'unrestored' HALDA (I belong to that group) so I'll let those interested folks decide for themselves.

If I had a Porsche (or any other relevant brand) with French rally racing history, I would certainly be particularly interested in these S.A.V.I.C.'s. To be honest, I feel I should keep them, since I have other matched sets, but not SAVICS.

Thanks for the post!

PS: Should I pull the SAVIC's off? Now you got me wondering...

PSS: I'm almost willing to bet Jeff Stein has a nicer set....

OnTheDash - SAVIC, a French Distributor of Heuer Watches Circa 1950-60s - Photo 1.jpg
    Last edited by 914-6gt; 09-13-2014 at 10:18 AM.

Armando, do you have the matching box for the SAVIC pair ? Are you familiar with Serpico y Laino in the vintage Rolex world ?

Unfortunately no boxes, but these should be mounted somewhere on a dash, not stored away. ; )
    Not familiar with 'Serpico y Laino', will have to 'Google'. What about them, what should I be looking for?

co branding was very popular in the 60's with Rolex it was Tiffanys in US & Serpico Laino in Venezuela, for Heuer as you mentioned Abercrombie, SAVIC & some others lesser known retailers. Anyway, all those that survived the 40 plus years or so are so much treasured in the vintage world with certain premium attached to them, more so with original retail outer & inner boxes.

Did not know that branding history with the Rolex, interesting. On the Heuer's, 'Allstate' was one other co-branded by Sears, for-sure the less desirable of the group. SAVIC's are on their own for rarity as not many show-up for sale on forums, eBay, if ever. This set I have came from Mexico, out of all places so I have a Mexican/French set? LOL - No boxes, the SAVIC's timers showed up mounted on a wall-frame, a bit surprising to see that...

I also have an 'Abercrombie & Fitch' matching set along with two others. Was thinking of keeping the SAVIC's (for collecting purposes), but having several Rallymaster sets is really overkill for me.

Realistically, I'm only using one of the pairs on a Heuer triple plate.

Heuer Monte Carlo A&F 3B 1Triple 1Quad Mount Plate OEM ,500 - Photo 02.jpg

Maybe, maybe populating my Heuer quad-plate instead, but I don't particularly care for the look of the quad, it's just too many clocks.

DSC00347.jpg

A triple plate, I can see being useful with one clock and two Monte timers side-by-side.
    Last edited by 914-6gt; 09-12-2014 at 04:48 PM.

1970 Tour Auto france

<iframe src="//www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x2a8al" allowfullscreen="" height="315" width="560" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Pretty cool video if you asked me, just found it. Note all the period cars, mostly Porsches. You probably won't find this clip on YouTube, but if you do, please let me know where...

Tour de France Automobile

Jean-Louis Clarr at the 1982 event with a Lancia 037

The Tour de France Automobile was a sports car race held on roads around France regularly - mostly annually - between 1899 and 1986.

The first edition was held in 1899 at speeds of 30 mph (50 km/h). The first event was won by René de Knyff driving a Panhard et Levassor. Organized by Le Matin, under the control of the Automobile Club de France, held July 16 to 24, in seven stages: Paris-Nancy; Nancy-Aix-les-Bains; Aix-les-Bains-Vichy; Vichy-Périgueux; Périgueux-Nantes; Nantes-Cabourg; Cabourg-Paris. Out of 49 starters, 21 vehicles finished.[1] The 1908 event was won by Clément-Bayard.[2]

The 1951 event was won by Pagnibon-Barracquet in a 2.6-litre Ferrari.[3] The event visited La Turbie Hill Climb, near Nice. In 1954 the event was won by the 2.5 litre Gordini of Jacques Pollet and M. Gauthier, running on the traditional Nice to Nice route.[4] The 1956 event was won by de Portago/Nelson in a Ferrari 250 2.9 with Moss/Houel (Mercedes 300 SL) in second place.[5]

The 1960 Tour de France took place between September 15 and 23 that year. Starting at Nice it visited Mont Ventoux, Nurburgring, Spa, Montlhéry, Rouen and Le Mans with the finish at Clermont Ferrand. The event was won overall by theFerrari 250 G.T. of Willy Mairesse/Georges Berger. The Jaguar 3.8 litre Mk. II of Bernard Consten/J. Renel won the Touring category with the BMW 700 coupé of Metternich/Hohenlohe winning the Index of Performance.[6]

The 1964 event was won by Lucien Bianchi/Georges Berger in a Ferrari GTO, entered by Ecurie Nationale Belge.[7] The event started at Lille, visiting Reims, Rouen, Le Mans, Clermont-Ferrand, Monza and Pau. The Touring car category was won byPeter Procter/Andrew Cowan in a Ford Mustang,[8] entered by Alan Mann Racing.[9] The A.C. Shelby Cobras of Maurice Trintignant, Bob Bondurant and André Simon all retired.

The 1980s saw the event incorporated into the European Rally Championship which saw an influx of new competitors. The last event was held in 1986. Also known as Tour Auto, it was revived in 1992 for historic cars, with both a competition and a regularity class. The format is a 5-day event combining about 2,500 km of roads, 4 or 5 circuit races and 6 to 8 hillclimbs. Patrick Peter of Agence Peter is the organiser. The start of the International event with some 300 entrants is in Paris; the finish alternates between various cities like Cannes, St. Tropez and Biarritz. The winning cars over the years (since 1996 only pre '66 cars can win overall, even though cars up to 1974 are allowed): Ford Shelby Mustang 350GT, Ford GT40, AC Cobra 289, Lotus Elan, Ferrari Daytona Gr IV.
    Last edited by 914-6gt; 09-13-2014 at 04:25 PM.

Here is an inspirational ST project certainly worthy of the HALDA and the SAVIC Heuers. 'Nice job' is an understatement Dave, this is nothing short of a remarkable project!

Tour De France Tribute 911ST / Part 1 - TRE Motorsports

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/rO5Gr1KhthE?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" height="720" width="1280" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Tour De France Tribute 911ST / Part 2 - TRE Motorsports

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gld7cTl33JY?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" height="720" width="1280" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Tour De France Tribute 911ST / Part 3 - TRE Motorsports

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/EYxm5clS16w?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" height="720" width="1280" frameborder="0"></iframe>
    Last edited by 914-6gt; 09-13-2014 at 08:07 PM.