Quote Originally Posted by Jim Breazeale View Post
Day 1............Cross the Golden Gate Bridge, take the Hwy 1 exit in Mill Valley and follow the signs to Hwy 1. Travel up Hwy 1 to Point Reyes Station. Stop for some window shopping and maybe buy some cheese at the CowGirl Creamery. Have lunch at La Osteria or better yet have a hamburger at Marin Sun Farms just south of Pt Reyes Station. Hint.....order the Lamb Burger! Drive north on Hwy 1 through Marshall and stop at Hog Island Oyster Co. You may not be too hungry after your Lamb Burger but it is still worth the stop. Continue up Hwy 1 to the Petaluma Hwy. Go through Petaluma and proceed east on Hwy 121 through the Vinyards to Hwy 29 in Napa. Go through Napa and travel up Silverado Trail to Meadow Wood Resort. Stay there and have dinner in their Restaurant. It is very expensive but worth the splurge.
Day 2........... Visit wineries in the Napa Valley. I can make some recommendations, if you wish. In the afternoon, make your way to Yosemite and book a room at the Ahwaahnee Hotel in Yosemite Valley and have dinner in their dining room.
It will be about 2 1/2 hours to Yosemite Valley from the Napa Valley. Use Trip Advisor for suggestions other than mine.
Day 3.............Sight see in Yosemite and make your way back to SF.

Regards

Jim
PS: This plan would be pretty ambitious!

This is great, thank you Jim, I've now seen all the places you recommend, and it's pretty much exactly what we were looking for! Many thanks, Thomas