Thread: FS: Hella 139 NOS Under the Bumper Lights 911, Carrera RS

FS: Hella 139 NOS Under the Bumper Lights 911, Carrera RS

Better lighted folks,

Here is a set of New Old Stock under the bumper OEM Hella 139 driving lights for LWB, 1969-1973 Porsche 911. These are THE correct lights for your car. $1500 shipped in the U.S. and $1550 shipped outside of U.S. Sale includes original boxes. Please email any questions. Thanks.

-Allen-

Last edited by Allen Henderson; 09-15-2014 at 02:38 PM.

Did I price these too high? These are NICE lights ! Open to reasonable offers. Thanks.

-Allen-

You could not use these on an RS unless you changed to a standard bumper. My personal opinion is that these are more rare than the 118 lights since they were not allowed in the US, but I think anything over 1,000 would be a bit high. The only cars you can fit these on have standard bumpers, which would exclude 99% of the high end early cars that could justify/absorb the higher costs. I think rarity is one thing, but it also has to go across the board with fitment like sport seats. GLWS
    Olin - Member #1375
    ░▒▓█▀▄▀▄▀▄█▓▒░
    1972 911T

Original
    -117 Light Yellow -15x6 Fuchs (9120/M400) -S Appearance (M470) -5 Speed Transmission (9590)

Options added
    -Houndstooth Sport Seats (M409) -Rear sway bar (9228)
    -H4's -BTB Fog Lts (M429) -Amber TTG Driving Lts (9420/M432)
    -380mm Steering Wheel -Becker Mexico -Roof Mounted Luggage/Ski Rack (9503)
    -A/C (M559) -Rear Fog Lt (M571) -Rear Wiper (9290) -Wheel Trim (M426) -Footrest (9563)

Quote Originally Posted by orange911 View Post
    You could not use these on an RS unless you changed to a standard bumper. My personal opinion is that these are more rare than the 118 lights since they were not allowed in the US, but I think anything over 1,000 would be a bit high. The only cars you can fit these on have standard bumpers, which would exclude 99% of the high end early cars that could justify/absorb the higher costs. I think rarity is one thing, but it also has to go across the board with fitment like sport seats. GLWS
    Good points: I'd thought about later "S" bumpers and the RS too. Also, you're right, I should not have listed RS or Carrera in my title but one can not change the title of an ad, or I would.. Still, there were a lot of stock Porsche 911s made from 1969 to 1973 that would use these lights. And also, I agree, rarity does not make lights, or a Porsche itself for that matter, valuable. Those points well-taken , I'll not sell these rare NOS lights for $1,000. Thanks.

-Allen-

PS Have you seen the prices of "standard bumper" cars these days !!!????
    Last edited by Allen Henderson; 09-17-2014 at 08:10 PM.

Rare and valuable are not the same thing. If that were the case my 1973.5 with a 4-speed would be worth a whole lot more money. When was the last time you saw a 4-speed long hood?

Richard Newton

911S with stock 4-Speed

Quote Originally Posted by Richardnew View Post
    Rare and valuable are not the same thing. If that were the case my 1973.5 with a 4-speed would be worth a whole lot more money. When was the last time you saw a 4-speed long hood?

Richard Newton
    One of the last 4-Speed long hood 911S's I saw was my totally stock 1972S with one option: TTG Fog Lights. Thanks.

-Allen-
    Attached Images Attached Images

As a member of the target demographic, I have to agree that the price (in general, not just yours Allen) of these lights is too high to justify the purchase. Certainly for a driver+ car like mine. And if your interest is in concours, then I don't think these lights were available for US cars (I certainly may be wrong about that).

One thing there is no debate about -- your '72S above is beautiful!
    Last edited by A4GEN2; 09-18-2014 at 07:16 AM.
    Stephen
    ---------
    '71 Tangerine 911T Coupe