Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: @ebay - '70S Targa - Quasi Gas Monkey

FS: @ebay - '70S Targa - Quasi Gas Monkey

$149.5k or Best Offer
    No affiliation. Seller is D. Collins, the heavy hitter the Gas Monkeys call in when they buy the expensive cars. Yeah I watch the show and I like it
    Car looks pretty nice. Some obvious things incorrect and the paint, to me, appears a little too shiny in the trunk but it does have the maintenance book which is always nice.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-911-...ht_5155wt_1153
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned
    Is that Perlon?

I offered to help with authenticity with this car during restoration but offer was rejected.

We reap what we sow.

VIN = 9110310033
    Eng# = 6300162
    Trans# = 7100865

'. . . 1970 Porsche 911 S Targa
    U.S. car, 2 owners from new, sold new by Bozzani Porsche in Monrovia California to Mr. Seever of Pasadena California. The car was then sold to serviceman Walker in 1974 when he returned from Vietnam. Mr. Walker has meticulously cared for and maintained this 911 S for the past 40 years. The car was in California from 1970-92 then Mr. Walker relocated to Texas. this 911 S is rust free due to being garage kept and has always been in an excellent climate. This car has not been modified, it is numbers matching and still retains its MFI setup. It has had a bare metal high end base coat clear coat respray in the original color of Bahia Red, it has had a recent engine out service and detail with a new clutch. This car is nice, meticulously maintained and is ready for the next owner to enjoy. We price our cars to sell, this caliber of 911 S is priced way below what dealers are asking and way below current auction results. If you are looking for a correct color, numbers matching 911 S with a great history and paperwork this car is it. Engine number 6300162 transmission number: Transmission according to past owner is original, the complete number is difficult to read, we filled it with red paint to try and bring it out. here is what we can read. 911 01 7100865 Engine number is very legible and is correct . . .

. . . We do offer Worldwide shipping. this car will be sold and have a proud owner soon. Please view all 71 pictures it is a nice car . . .'

(Not mine)
    Attached Images Attached Images

We Can Be Heroes

I like the show too but... would you buy what these guys "restore" in 10 days?
    Mike, member #841

I know most $1MM Porsche auctions usually have a "Gas Monkey" guru attached to them

Oh forgot Stupid is as Stupid Does
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

Quote Originally Posted by mike66 View Post
    I like the show too but... would you buy what these guys "restore" in 10 days?
    No way! we call this "pfusch".

Anybody know what happened to this car? I'm being offered it by a dealer in Washington state for 32K???

http://www.racingjunk.com/Porsche/18...rsche-911.html

When I contacted the seller I was emailed by http://www.apollotrucks.net. Jeff wanted at least 1/3 of the 31,900 to reserve the car, he would no take a 500.00 deposit to hold the car 2 days. I try to call and the number comes up busy.

If anyone can provide additional info please PM me.

SCAM ALERT
    Don't let your greed get the best of your senses. Send money without verifying the car actually exists?
    If you chk, that IP address for registering the truck dealer (that doesn't sound right does it 911 S collector car at a truck dealer??) website began in Sept.
    Can you find any ads for that dealership as that is what they do sell vehicles ? Any yelp reviews?
    I was similarly lined up to be scammed by someone in NY on a likewise 100 K undermarket S a few days ago. Start talking inspection and the communication will cease.
    The Detectives in NY told me atleast 3 others were scammed into wiring money on a corvette and a Ferrari by Jeff P (my contact guy ) and they got the shock when they flew in to pick the cars up when they found the vacant lot. This vacant lot was easily found when I checked Google Earth. ALso, the dealership they represented to me, even with a photoshopped title with them on as RO, did not exist on NY State DMV website. PM me and I will give you the Rochester Detective's info who is gathering info on this case. Where the money is being wired may help them. I can tell you the other funds ended up being re wired to Tel Aviv instantly and is long gone.

Scam

BTW - The 2 guys the Rochester detective shared info on wired nearly 40 K to these scammers. The 3 rd guy's amount he did not share. I was the 4th consumer who contacted them.
    Look where my attempted scam was based : geneseevalleyautomotive.com

Note how similar the website design is with the green buttons and how really very little info comes coming up on what is for sale . Also no operator and a switchboard w all those employees? Note also The website just began in 2014. Jeff P Sanders was my showroom manager on Scam 1 , when I contacted them on this 70 S also , Jeff P Crowley got back to me ...apparently more than 1 person is involved as they did not remember me or my email from the other car. All the info you can get could help the detectives endrun the money, perhaps helping some ripped off fools ...