Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: Genuine 901 / 911 Leather Steering Wheel

FS: Genuine 901 / 911 Leather Steering Wheel

VDM 911 347 082 0 dated 5/73.

Condition of the Steering wheel and horn button is like new!!!!

Nice snug recovered leather, includes horn push and cancelling ring. X stitching all around.

$750 / offer, plus shipping to lower 48 states preferred.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'll take it..please PM me payment information. Thanks!

Regis turd ab user
    dinogoetz

Just curious, why did you copy the majority of your text from my ad, not that I own it? Also is this an original 400 mm faux leather wheel and I don't see a cancelling plate?

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...-leather-wheel

mac73s , PM replied

Have asked for confirmation on cancelling ring/plate as it is not appearing in photo...sent several PMs...awaiting reply

PM's replied.

FYI - FUTURE BUYERS BEWARE - this item was put into DHL Packet (the apparent equivalent of our USPS bulk mail or parcel post) on 22 September and almost a month later it has never left Germany. I pleaded with the seller to ensure shipment was expedited and offered to pay whatever was required to make that happen (actually requested FEDEX), but he chose the 'cheap' route so almost a month later still no steering wheel and neither Pay Pal or DHL can do anything for me. Seller has also stopped communicating even if for no other reason to express/offer an apology. Perhaps this is on me for not checking more closely, but (a) I was not aware the item was originating from Germany (the seller said he preferred the lower 48 states so I assumed it was a US domestic shipment), and (b) will never make another overseas purchase. By the way, still need a steering wheel for the 73 S.

mac73s, sorry to hear of your troubles. That really sucks. Classic example of one bad apple spoiling the while bunch. Please note their are several non-US based sellers on this board that are stellar. I along with others will attest to that. Reach out and ask (via pm) and you may save yourself some grief and dollars. BTW, I've been screwed (royally) by guys right here in the good Ol USA. Still, I know where you're coming from. Hope it eventually works out for you.
    Reg#2218

Profile for dinogoetz shows...

Last Activity:Yesterday 02:33 AM
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Quote Originally Posted by mac73s View Post
    FYI - FUTURE BUYERS BEWARE - this item was put into DHL Packet (the apparent equivalent of our USPS bulk mail or parcel post) on 22 September and almost a month later it has never left Germany. I pleaded with the seller to ensure shipment was expedited and offered to pay whatever was required to make that happen (actually requested FEDEX), but he chose the 'cheap' route so almost a month later still no steering wheel and neither Pay Pal or DHL can do anything for me. Seller has also stopped communicating even if for no other reason to express/offer an apology. Perhaps this is on me for not checking more closely, but (a) I was not aware the item was originating from Germany (the seller said he preferred the lower 48 states so I assumed it was a US domestic shipment), and (b) will never make another overseas purchase. By the way, still need a steering wheel for the 73 S.
    How did you pay? PP I hope. If you did go through pp, start a dispute now.