Thread: FS: @eBay - $3425 too expensive for me and I've not seen this service book before...

FS: @eBay - $3425 too expensive for me and I've not seen this service book before...

1965 owners manual and service book on e-bay (no affiliation but I would like to see the service book in my car!)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-1965...p2056016.l4276

1967 owners manual and service book..
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Por...item19f41469d2$_57.jpg1967.jpg1967b.jpg1967b.jpg
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616

That service book cover was out in '63, maybe earlier.
    Steve Shea #1 joined a long time ago
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

member Jackson Hole Ski Club

That makes sense as it looks, stylistically, much more like the 356 literature... would it have been used with 911s or is this a mismatch?

Quote Originally Posted by steve shea View Post
    That service book cover was out in '63, maybe earlier.
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616

earlier this year there was one identical 65 manual in decent shap that sold for $125. I had it on my watch list but failed to set a reminder
    and it went unchallenged.
    Richard aka le Zookeeper
    early reg #1128

ebay sale

Nothing in that auction is that rare to justify that kind of asking price.

Check out Faxon Auto literature. They have over 1,000,000 pieces of auto literature. I have hunted through their Porsche collection and found some gems. They are not cheap.
    Most of the items in that auction are in the $100-150 range. I see you are in Canada. If their is a particular item I can see if they have it. They are not far from in.

http://www.faxonautoliterature.com/

Red/light blue drivers manual is usually from October 1964 or early 1965, as stated.
    There is a similar looking "technical data" W252.
    Yes, too expensive even the package as a whole is interesting.
    Could be a RoW car package, at least other item do indicate this.
    Registry member No.773

That's the third set '65 911 owner's manual package I see with that type of service record booklet. I'm not sure if it is correct and thought it's probably just a trend? Here is mine and unused.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Andy (VA).

BTW the red cover (dealer adresses) Porsche service on post 7 is the correct early one for RoW.
    The burgundy cover (dealer adresses) Porsche service on post 7 is the later RoW one, could be still ok but depends on printing date.
    The third edition for RoW (with another burgundy cover design) was introduced in late 1969 and used throughout 1973.
    Registry member No.773

Thanks Karim. Sounds like early RoW cars comes with Kundendienst-Zusatzheft service booklet like those in the pictures, while early U.S. cars comes with a different 911 service booklet?
    Andy (VA).

Quote Originally Posted by flatsixcrazy View Post
    Sounds like early RoW cars comes with Kundendienst-Zusatzheft service booklet like those in the pictures, while early U.S. cars comes with a different 911 service booklet?
    Andy.
    As for the "yellow" Kundendienst-Zusatzheft you quoted and is shown, yes, I beleive it was with RoW cars. Its also written in German only. As for the US version. yes it was different design. I recall it was discussed in another thread.

-

My BTW info was related to the also shown red (post 7) or burgundy (post 1) "Porsche service" booklet, shown above.

While for Row/Germany it was called "Porsche service", for the US its was called "Distributors and Dealers from Coast to Coast". Due to the major increase of US Dealers between 65-73, the US edition for "Distributors and Dealers from Coast to Coast" dates changed twice a year.
    Spring edition 65, Fall edition 65, Spring 66 edition etc…overall about 10 editions ( I have them almost all).
    Their cover design changed throughout the years, most are simply white between 64-67. In 68/69 they are white with red letter. Between 70-73 white with black silhouette 911 cars on their cover.
    Registry member No.773