Page 77 of 85 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 ... LastLast

Thread: '77 & '75 Turbo Look 3.0

Great father and son moments

Gib,

Three generations of enthusiasm, fun, and adventures... What could be better !!!
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Thanks for the comment, Chuck. Greg is on a life-long mission as a Porsche enthusiast....and he will probably pass it on to his sons. He loves this red car! He attended the last R Gruppe gathering in Monterey in 2019 with me.

Darren, I hope you are planning to add those little 356 reflectors...it wouldn't be 'correct' without them you know....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Quote Originally Posted by letsrollbabe View Post
    ....Darren, I hope you are planning to add those little 356 reflectors...it wouldn't be 'correct' without them you know....
    ....Gib, you're a Class 'A' Teacher......what needs to be done, needs to be done!

Immensely enjoying the 3.0 with my boys and here's a shot of the old man:-) getting some cheap labor ��20210213_100929.jpg

Greg and I met up with a bunch of Porsche enthusiasts in Scottsdale this morning. Probably 40 cars from 356s to Carerra GT. Guys were starved for this kind of gathering...our cars got a lot of attention, even among GT3 RS, Cup Cars, Gt2s, all in perfect condition. There were a few masks, but not many.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Greg out on the town with the 3.0 RS....
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Thumbs up

Nice Gib !!!........
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Been thinking about changing the front valence to one with no fogs. I have one already painted that keeps haunting me every time I look at it in the garage. I picked up an old Pano recently (Nov 20 I think) in which an article about a 491 Turbo Look car which had no fogs in the front valence caught my attention. I like the early 'no fogs' look on normal 74/75/76/77 911s because it is a more pure look without those 'hanging out there' early fogs. But with the Turbo rubber flarings, it doesn't quite give me the same feeling when I see it. The later Carrera style integrated fogs are much improved, but it tends to give the car a later feel, not so much an early Turbo which is what I was after.

What do you guys think?
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Quote Originally Posted by letsrollbabe View Post
    Been thinking about changing the front valence to one with no fogs. I have one already painted that keeps haunting me every time I look at it in the garage. I picked up an old Pano recently (Nov 20 I think) in which an article about a 491 Turbo Look car which had no fogs in the front valence caught my attention. I like the early 'no fogs' look on normal 74/75/76/77 911s because it is a more pure look without those 'hanging out there' early fogs. But with the Turbo rubber flarings, it doesn't quite give me the same feeling when I see it. The later Carrera style integrated fogs are much improved, but it tends to give the car a later feel, not so much an early Turbo which is what I was after.

What do you guys think?
    I like it. I have one stashed for the future.
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111