Page 78 of 85 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 ... LastLast

Thread: '77 & '75 Turbo Look 3.0

Greg said he just bought a radar detector because it's so easy to get over 85 mph around town with this 3.0 RS twin plug.😏
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Greg had one of his crew (he is a general contractor) fabricate steel work connecting the tops of the Max Jax posts to give added strength and security when working underneath. It also carries the hydraulic lines from one side to the other.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

I received an email from a guy who wanted to know why I used the 'Carrera' script with a black outline. Here are some pics from the day that show that the factory offered the rare Carrera 3.0 RS with black outlined script.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

This is one of my favorite shots of this car....showing the features that make it unique....wheels, flares, tail, lights, reflectors, bumper.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

I shortened the front bumper by about 1.5 in because I felt the typical FG bumpers stick out too far without the stock black vinyl smile. When looking at the car from various angles, it is unnoticeable, but the overall effect makes that large front FG bumper less obtrusive....and there is still room for the front oil cooler.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Here is a nice profile shot...and some of the seats....Recaro Rallye II...made only in 1974. They snug you in very nicely, and they also tilt forward. Hard to find these today. It looks like Singer used these as a model for his seats.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

great seats! what's their weight?
    keith
    '75 RS/RSR-look | '73 CB750 | '70 TD250B

r gruppe # 436

Keith,
    I don't remember the exact weight, but it was around 12 lbs. A pair would look great in your car! Phil Hindley at Tech9 in the UK has a nice pair for sale....not many of these around these days....they made too few of them.

https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...o+rallye+seats
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Keith,
    I think their weight is closer to 18 lb. Still lighter than a stock or sport seat, but not as light as the early Recaros.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

There is nothing in the Porsche world quite like the curves of the early competition versions of the 911.....TIMELESS BEAUTY!
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17