Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Return of Roger Grago's 73 RS GT

[QUOTE=Gburner;761399]Roger has been blessed with great car friends all his life.
    I loved those old Bug In days at the Orange County dragstrip.
    We had a tent next to SCAT performance (Tom Lieb) and sold VW exhaust systems. FTOD always went to Bob McClure in his BAE alcohol inj.turbo bug, brought the entire bleachers to their feet with his sub 10 second 1/4 mile runs ¡
    Marty

Cool S Registry North & South

Peter "SD Swede",

Phillip, Fabian and I will meet you and convoy to Scott's for the event.
    Looking forward to it all.

Regards,
    Paul Rodelo

Swedewerks Survivor Cars SD Swede's Avatar
    Perfect Paul, breakfast on Fabian!!
    Peter Andersson #2864
    Pinstriped Early 911 Club #1

Where's the Cars and Coffee? And when?

Quote Originally Posted by RC70SCoupe View Post
    The debut of Roger Grago's 73 RS GT will be Saturday October 4.
    A celebration will occur at Scotts Independent
    1885 Santa Cruz
    Anaheim. 92805

The hours are from 10-2

Many of us will be starting at Cars and Coffee, then continue to Scotts. Or, meet us there?
    A bratwurst bbq has been planned. Please RSVP here by October 1.

Many people have been involved in this labor of love for our friend. Please stop by and say hello..
    I am sure Marco G., Mike Sofka and the others, can fill in everyone on the history of Roger and the
    restoration of this special 911

Where's the Cars and Coffee? And when?
    http://irvine.carsandcoffee.info/

Hope this helps,
    Chuck
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

rsvp for 2 coming from long beach. Steve

A wonderful event for Roger Grago, the guest of honor. Thank you to Scott Hendry and Dan Reese for being such welcoming and gracious hosts. There were many professional videographers and photographers documenting the festivities. This is just a quick snap shot of folks gathered around Roger's car. Roger is seated in the center foreground wearing a white shirt with his back to the camera. To his right is Scott standing (wearing an 'Aubergine' color polo shirt to match Roger's car) describing to us all those who contributed in the making of Roger's car. It sounded like the who's who list of Southern California vintage Porsche artisans and craftsman.

Name:  DSCN4433.jpg
Views: 499
Size:  140.1 KB
    Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548

Thank you to everybody for being there. It was a very special event. One of the most special I've attended. True camaraderie in the best sense of the word.
    Randy Wells
    Automotive Writer/Photographer/Filmmaker
    www.randywells.com/blog
    www.hotrodfilms.com

Early S Registry #187

Scott & I would like to thank all that came to show the love to Roger & Teri. It was a humbling experience to all I'm sure.
    To those who could not attend, please send best wishes to them. Everyone involved in this effort did so because of what
    Dick Moran said " we love you Roger"

Congrats to Roger and all of you that made it happen. I first learned about this project when John Esposito said..."we should just do it". John, and many other friends stepped up to it and Wow! did it turn out great!

I own a '73S with flares much like Roger's car. A number of years ago Roger and I left Ventura for Carpentaria for dinner with friends that were also attending the German Auto Fest in Ventura. On the ride up PCH (known as HWY 101 up there) we hit 100+ a number of times and even 120 a few times. I was amazed at how stable Roger's car was at those speeds. Much more than my old "S" without a ducktail. I've always liked the look of our early cars without a ducktail but I told Roger that the ride convinced me that I should install a ducktail. I joked with Roger that he needed to take a ride with me in my old "S" without a ducktail to see what it is like at 120+. You are very busy with the steering wheel. Roger grinned and said let's do it. I plan to take Roger on that ride. I'm really looking forward to it.

All the best to Roger and his family...and also to all you guys that did this for Roger. Thanks.

Rich Sutliffe