Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: The Return of Roger Grago's 73 RS GT

I was fortunate enough to attend this amazing event on Saturday morning at Scott's Independent, thanks to a last minute conversation I cleared my schedule and made way for the event. Truthfully, I had no idea what to expect. I say this because I'm new to the early Porsche scene here in Southern California. Yes, I grew up watching my father race his car (70' T) down in San Diego but after he shelved the car for 25yrs my family became disconnected from what had been going on. Three years ago I kicked started the project, meet some great people, and slowly became introduced into the early Porsche scene here in Southern California. I gotta say, it's a very supportive group of people and Roger's build is proof that good people still exist and when things get tough someone/group is there with a supportive hand to help. None the less, photos simply can not explain how amazing this car is, you really have to see it in person. It's a stunning car and everyone who chipped in did an amazing job.

On that note, I took a few pictures while I was there and I thought I'd share them with everyone. There will also be some more images comes shortly as I have to get them developed. Yes, film is still alive and I managed to shoot two rolls of medium format 120 film with my RB 67.

Nice shoot'n John.........
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Saturday, was without a doubt the most "moving" moment in Rgruppe history. The SoCal chapter met at Scotts Independent to present to Roger his completely restored RST Rgruppe car. The turnout was huge and everyone that attended had to moved by what transpired. With the likes of John Esposito, Scott & crew from Scotts Independent, Dick Moran, and of course the quarterback from USC, Mike Sofka this would have never come to fruition. The RST, was done to perfection with a kick ass 2.9, twin plugged motor and a super kick ass paint and body work orchestrated by John E.

It truly was an inspirational day and it will be superbly documented by the consummate master of photo, Randy Wells.

..."Compassion breeds morality", and is alive and well in our Rgruppe !!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    [FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]
    Curt Autenrieth
    S Registry # 152

Porsches:
    1.6L 2.7L
    1.8L 3.0L
    2.0L 3.2L
    2.2L 3.4L h20 cooled
    2.4L 3.6L air & h20 cooled
    3.8L

Thumbs up

Here' here' Curtis...... just a wonderful gathering

For some reason is was tough for me to shoot all my friends and acquaintances at this one... so I stuck with the cars...

- Some parking lot shots
    Chuck Miller
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Thumbs up

A few garage shots.......

And one of our host Scott Hendry.......
    Chuck Miller
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Thumbs up

And who better to take Roger on his first drive in his old/new car then Jeff Zwart.........

Can't tell you how proud I was to be part of this event... and community

Cheers and thanks to all who made this car and event happen.......
    And cheers and 'more adventures to come' to my friend Roger Grago.......

Chuck
    Chuck Miller
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Great thread. Thanks for the photos, I would love to see more people shots; that's who the gruppe is. It helps those of us who couldn't be there.

We love you Roger!

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

I can't wait to see Roger and Terrie when I fly over to SoCal in a couple of weeks. I've known Roger for about 20 years now, sharing our passion VWs and Porsches along the way. To see Roger go through what he has, and then to see all you guys rally round and redo his car for him makes me proud to be a part of this big happy family. Thank you to all involved. You're the best (but Roger's even better than all of us...).
    Cornwall
    UK

Well done to all.

Dave