Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: yet another '67 fuel tank color question. ( sigh!)(groan)

yet another '67 fuel tank color question. ( sigh!)(groan)

I'm not critiquing this car in any way, but it was posted here as a completely original example. In this photo the fuel tank is black, and I recall reading somewhere that the switch to grey occurred during '67 production. Thoughts on this?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Brian
    S Reg #1032

"I measured twice, cut three times, and it's still too short!"

Quote Originally Posted by Soterik View Post
    This grey has a just a touch of green in it (I've got 30+ years in the apparel business).
    Thanks

OK, so what tie would go with this, stripes or print?
    Brian
    S Reg #1032

The tanks started out a lighter gray and over time fade to a darker gray/brown color.
    1966 911 #304065 Irischgruen

These pictures posted by Bryce in another thread are pretty interesting. Wish these were in color, but gives an idea about the tanks.

https://revslib.stanford.edu/?utf8=✓...q=Porsche+911S
    S-Reg #1382
    67S Lavender
    70S Silver, original Slate Gray Japan delivery

That photo looks exactly like my tank which is definately original. Not that it doesn't need to be refinished mind you

My original tank was also dark grey (almost black) as EriK describes. I keep seeing the lighter 'beige-grey' color applied and have long questioned it. Thanks all.
    Brian
    S Reg #1032

I owned these cars back in 1968, the tanks were gray, about the shade of grey primer. How often do we need to go over this subject ?
    Mike

Well, if you take a moment to actually read the posts in this thread, you'll discover that a fair number of the earlier cars had a very dark, almost black color, which is not at all like "grey primer". Sorry this is boring to you.
    Brian
    S Reg #1032

Quote Originally Posted by mike curnow View Post
    I owned these cars back in 1968, the tanks were gray, about the shade of grey primer. How often do we need to go over this subject ?
    We are talking about MY 67, not MY 68.

Did you own these cars in 1968, did you ever hear of fading, or people repainting them over the last 46 years ?
    Mike