Thread: Reference photo, Fender, Bumper, Seal needed

Shift Knob Maker

Reference photo, Fender, Bumper, Seal needed

In need of reference photo, Fender, Bumper, Seal
    I am have trouble getting a good fit and nice look to the front fender bumper area at the wheel well. If anyone has a good photo of an original car or a nice finished off car so I can see how it should look, that would be helpful.
    Thanks
    Mark.

Here's a thread --- w/ orig cars + owners . . . many w/ links . . .
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...-original-cars

I know that there are several super original/low-mileage/never been-messed-with cars (+owners) listed, so . . .

HtH

We Can Be Heroes

Shift Knob Maker
    Thanks, yeah, I looked through there and there are a lot of great photos, none that show what I need. I need a good close up from the tire side.
    What I really want to know is, how does the seal between fender and bumper end? Can you see the holes in the end of the seal? Is it caped? Was the factory seal more solid? Does it terminate right at the fender edge or a little short of the fender bumper edges?
    My car is by no means original, I just am not happy with the way it looks at that point.

Thanks
    Mark..

member #1515
    is this what you need?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

Shift Knob Maker
    Thanks David,
    That is what I am looking for and that is what mine looks like. Does not seem very finished off for a very viewable area. Anybody come up with a better solution for a clean look?

Mark..