Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Watch for "Want to Buy" Scammers

When I was in law school our contracts professor, who by the way had worked his way through law school playing trumpet in a jazz band in the 30's, always said "if it's too good to be true, it probably is"
    I'd laugh about "Michael Allen" but some poor slugs somewhere are going to get taken in by his cons.

IMG_7332.jpg

I think a scammer emerged after my wtb post

I just got a reply to my ad for oil lines. Nice pictures of the lines, low price. I used Google to search the picture and it found them on old listings in Ebay and a parts dealer.
    Good to check the pictures.

I’ve just had a PM from someone with zero posts responding to my WTB, claiming they have the 100l fuel tank instrument cluster for ‘72 T/E/S which is a rare as hens teeth but claims they can’t post any pictures of it on here and wants me to contact him by email. Not likely!
    ESR #4098
    ‘72 T Coupe (donor car for M491 2.5 SR)
    '72 S Coupe (2-owner tangerine unicorn)

NEW SCAMMER ALERT
    In a reply to my WTB post I get this email shown below.
    I don't think he is a forum member
    but got my email address from my WTB post.
    I did a Google search of his gmail account name
    and he shows up several places replying to WTB aids
    mainly for antique auto parts.

george potter <g1978potter@gmail.com>
    To:Paul Shugert
    Sun, Jan 15 at 10:54 PM
    Hi,

Here ,I attached the picture of my 1968 porsche 911 . I`m breaking the
    complete for parts , because of my surgery that is coming up
    soon . I want you to send me the list of parts that you need , along
    with your exact delivery address to know , how close you are to me .

God Bless.

image.jpg
    Last edited by Paul Shugert; 01-16-2023 at 08:14 AM.
    That's all folks...

Another Scammer

Hi all, received a reply to my Deep 6 Fuchs WTB from Ludwig Wilshere referring me to Martins Rodríguez <martinsrodriguez399@gmail.com>. Ludwig has already been banned but wanted others to have the info for Martins, who appears to be a scammer.

Hello, I just received an email reply to a WTB ad I posted on the Early Ford V8 Club site.
    It is from the same guy
    George Potter g1978potter@gmail.com

except for changing the car to a 1936 Ford sedan, it is word for word the same. :

Hi,

Here ,I attached the picture of my 1936 ford passenger car . I`m breaking the
    complete for parts , because of my surgery that is coming up
    soon . I want you to send me the list of parts that you need , along
    with your exact delivery address to know , how close you are to me .

God Bless.

Ha! He didn't even change his story! Offered to sell me about $8,000 worth of parts for $1,100 delivered All I did was google his gmail address and this post poped up..
    The human animal is very deranged we are doomed.