Thread: What is this color ?

Xavier Petit-Jean-Boret Xavier PJB's Avatar

What is this color ?

Would you be so kind to guide me to the name of this beautoful color of the car shown in the picture below ?
    Thank you very much.

Name:  2290-62933.jpg
Views: 477
Size:  87.5 KB

Xavier
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

really impossible to say - there are probably 200 variations of "silber" "gray" / obviously not an original car so it could be anything
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

Hard to say but my guess is Porsche Arctic Silver as on the 986 Boxster. Following that I would say BMW Titanium Silver from the E46 M3 and maybe Porsche GT Silver Metallic (as on the Carrera GT).

Or it could be 936 Silver Metallic from the 70's
    1971 911S, 2.7RS spec MFI engine, suspension mods, lightened
    Early 911S Registry Member #425

Thanks guy, I thought a pal would know this car, maybe the color though.

Xavier
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

Hi Xavier, tried to send you this PM but your inbox is full

Hi Xavier,

We ve corresponded before. Mine is a 1972 Feburary Italian delivered 911 S in LHD. it's just finished a restoration taking almost 3 years . I ve some questions and you might be able to answer.

The 6 ( or is it 5 ) gold decalsthat you see on opening the engine cover, should it be 5 or 6 and if 6 what is the 6th one for that year and Italy.

The decals are as far as I can see are from left to right

Alternator, tyre pressure ( but which one 1.8 bar or the higher one), driving above 200 kph, then on the right side of the engine catch are oil level, valve timing, and finally firing order.

Am I correct , have you any 1972 photos of actual cars with original decals or correctly placed reproduction decals.

Oil Pressure Temp guage, does the Struck say 5 Bars or go to 10 bars.

regards from Cork, Ireland

Dave

[QUOTE=brakekiller;764610]Would you be so kind to guide me to the name of this beautoful color of the car shown in the picture below ?
    Thank you very much.

Name:  2290-62933.jpg
Views: 477
Size:  87.5 KB

Xavier[/QUOTE

what colour do you mean..the colour of the passenger door or the colour of the rest of the car...

Quote Originally Posted by moito View Post

what colour do you mean..the colour of the passenger door or the colour of the rest of the car...
    Give me what you have.
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

It reminds me of a Mercedes Color they used on the W220
    http://data.motor-talk.de/data/galle...4412944870.jpg
    Chalcedonblau

Porsche - Polar Silver - L92 ? ( I don't recall the last letter, M,E, ??? ) I have a can at the shop I can get the number from if needed
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    1973 911 RSR clone..... to be

"And pretty soon you're grabbing gears like they are ten thousand dollar bills."

http://www.kahikocustoms.com/auto-projects