Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cowl Brace & Seat Belt Supports

Shift Knob Maker

Cowl Brace & Seat Belt Supports

All parts where removed from MY 70
    Brace is in good usable condition, not bent at all.
    $10 each shipped to lower 48.
    Seat belt supports have been powder coated and are in very good condition.
    $15 for the pair shipped to lower 48.
    PM for payment info.
    Thanks.
    Mark..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Stupid question maybe, but can you tell me where exactly these seat belt support are going in the car ?
    Thanks

JD
    1970S Coupe, Blood orange #1436
    1965 Coupe, Dolphin gray #1506

R Gruppe #647 ; S Registry #1666

Quote Originally Posted by RS-GT View Post
    Stupid question maybe, but can you tell me where exactly these seat belt support are going in the car ?
    Thanks

JD
    Not stupid at all. Those are used on ROW 911 Coupes (with inertia reel seatbelts) before 1973 and on all 911 coupes in 1973. They support the covers that hid the seat belt retractors and are not visible unless the covers are removed.

I'll try and dig up a cover tomorrow and post a picture.

Regards

Jim

I'll take the seat belt supports

Jim,
    I'd be very interested as well in seeing how the seat belt supports are installed. I recently picked up a set of the covers and inertia reel belts for my ROW '73 coupe project, but did not know I need these as well. Looking at PET, the supports appear to be part 911.555.613.00, and it makes sense why they are there.

Do you have any more to sell ?
    '73 RoW 911T (project)
    '77 911S
    Early911SReg #2945

Jim

I noticed that diagram in PET for these supports (if I have the right part) is shaped a bit differently. I realize that the PET diagrams are not always accurate, but from the PET diagram (#37) it appears that the support is attached to the chassis at the seat belt reel pivot bolt, but that bottom section is not present in the parts you listed. Do you why this may be?

ScreenHunter_07 Oct. 15 21.00.gif
    '73 RoW 911T (project)
    '77 911S
    Early911SReg #2945

Shift Knob Maker
    Belt supports are SOLD..
    Thanks
    Mark..

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Breazeale View Post
    Not stupid at all. Those are used on ROW 911 Coupes (with inertia reel seatbelts) before 1973 and on all 911 coupes in 1973. They support the covers that hid the seat belt retractors and are not visible unless the covers are removed.

I'll try and dig up a cover tomorrow and post a picture.

Regards

Jim
    We are fortunate to have people like you, Jim, to help with these questions...
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Pictures of the support and the seat belt cover. I think the ones that 76911S sold have been modified. I am confused, though. I have no idea how these attach to the chassis in a 69 through 73 Coupe chassis. I have a set of inertia reel seat belts in my 71 Coupe but don't remember how I attached the boxes. I am a bit reluctant to take my car apart to take pictures of the inside of the covers. The last time I did something like that, I was attempting to show the back side of a 62 Carrera 2 wood steering wheel. I needed to remove the wheel and wound up breaking the windshild in the process, like an idiot, and it cost me $600.00.
    There must be different ones for ROW and US cars.

Regards

Jim
    PS: Apologies to 76911S for hijacking his thread
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Jim !

JD
    1970S Coupe, Blood orange #1436
    1965 Coupe, Dolphin gray #1506

R Gruppe #647 ; S Registry #1666