Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FS: 1971 911T Coupe 23,111 orig miles

Banned

FS: 1971 911T Coupe 23,111 orig miles

Finally doing this. This '71 911T is being offered here before it goes to auction. If the description seems abbreviated that is by design. Personally I find most ads have far too many words and ridiculous hyperbole in them. Please feel free to email specific questions. Or better yet come and visit us in person for a cold beer and personal inspection. In that order.

Priced at $195k and frankly I don't know if that's crazy, a bargain, or somewhere in the middle. What I do know is that it's worth exactly what a buyer is willing to pay and what I'm willing to sell it for. It's unfortunate about the paint work but "it is what it is" as they say.
    Thanks for looking.

Here's the spiel:

Since Barn Find is passé and over-used. How about if we just call this “A Find”?

1971 Porsche 911T Coupe. 23,111 miles. Metallic Silver with black vinyl interior.

This amazing car was purchased new by Mr. Kenneth C. out of Houston, TX. He and the Mrs. took delivery in Stuttgart and toured the European countryside in August of 1971 for 2 weeks before shipping it back to Houston.
    And Houston is where it has been for 42 years until recently finding its way to Scottsdale, AZ.

All maintenance done religiously including the break-in oil change in Switzerland. The car has been cared for the majority of its pampered life by a very well respected Porsche specialty shop in Sealy, TX. With the exception of paint work being done on the right side and engine lid from scratching (not collision damage) when the car was fairly young, the paint is original. The rubber, vinyl, and mouldings are original. Even the Pirelli Cinturato CN72 tires are original and surely must still retain some of their Stuttgart air.

The car runs, drives, and all parts are original except those related to safety or service. The fuel tank was restored using proper materials and period color/texture. All other finishes are original. As tempting as it was to refinish parts like the heat exchangers, brake rotors, and suspension parts the decision was made to leave it as is to reflect it's authentic state. No glamour shots here. This is as original as they get, and still drivable.

As any astute early 911 observer will notice the car has a rectangular side view mirror and “flat” 6 X 15 Fuchs wheels. These are correct and original to the car. All wheels are date matched 3/71. The car still wears its '71 tourist plates and is currently titled in TX. Complete, impeccable tool kit and jack are included of course. We don’t have a Certificate of Authenticity as they are notoriously inaccurate and generally a waste of money. Equipment and serial numbers are verified by original ownership documents.

Photo gallery below.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hc1luw0be...JYq-hnx9GvnqXa
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Frank Beck; 10-15-2014 at 01:05 PM.

I love all 1971 911T's. good luck w the sale
    Registry member No.773

Stunning car! It is very close to a "new" old 911 and I think the asking price is warranted. A really nice restored T is bringing $100K + . If I had that much $ to spend on an early 911 I would buy this over a restored car any day. It is a great color, has the documentation, the story, and looks to be in impeccable condition. It even has the original coating on the fan...love that! Good luck with the sale Frank!
    -Chris Mohr

S Registry #1978

member #1515
    Thats as nice as the 700 mile car. The back story must be interesting.
    You won't have a problem selling, for sure.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

I saw this car several times in its originally-found state prior to Frank's acquisition. I also know the owner of the shop who serviced the car over its lifetime and spoke numerous times with the original owner. Frank's description is spot on. Somebody is going to get a great car.

What an extraordinary car!! Fabulous! That one should really go to the Porsche Museum in Stuttgart, so that everyone can enjoy it.

Fabulous car. I would love to own but alas cannot. However, I would like to ask a question even though I'm not a buyer.

I am asking because I want to learn. Nothing else.

Would the engine lid gold lettering on this model be an option? Would it be listed on the COA if it was an option?

Regards
    Mike
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    73E (home after 25 years) and sold again
    Early S reg. #681

Quote Originally Posted by LiveFromNY View Post
    I saw this car several times in its originally-found state prior to Frank's acquisition. I also know the owner of the shop who serviced the car over its lifetime and spoke numerous times with the original owner. Frank's description is spot on. Somebody is going to get a great car.
    I'll again say it...It makes your original paint E seem like a bargain...and we all thought you paid too much at the time

GLWS - an exceptionally well preserved time capsule.
    The very late build date of July 1971 explains why some parts common to 1972MY (outside mirror, flat Fuchs) appear on this car.

1971 Porsche 911T Coupe Silver 3.jpg
    Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548

Quote Originally Posted by 210bhp View Post
    Would the engine lid gold lettering on this model be an option? Would it be listed on the COA if it was an option?
    Regards
    Mike
    Yes, it was optional on 2.0l and 2.2l T's.
    (On all 2.4l models it was not available anymore)

Gold lettering was usually part of an option package called "Apperance group"/"Comfort group" , which was essentially an S option package like trim, bumpers etc but without S engine/dials/etc.
    Many US market 911T were ordered with this package, fewer Row 911T's had it.
    Last edited by 911T1971; 10-18-2014 at 12:26 PM.
    Registry member No.773